BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: #007 finally out of storage

Post Thanks / Like

#007 finally out of storage

Our Wisconsin winter didn't get an early start, so that allowed me to use the '33 a bit later than usual. However, Winter did last a very long time and took until early April for it to be essentially "gone." Then, between rain and scheduling, I'd not been able to get the car out of storage until this weekend.

AAAAhhhhhhhhhhh! It started happily and ran just fine! It seemed to need to get out and stretch its legs as much as I needed to drive it.

The Bondmobile and I start the 2013 driving season with 7874 miles on the odometer and hope to be driving it a lot this summer.

Thanks again to FFR for creating a great summer sports car disguised as a '33 Ford!

Best regards, TV
    Last edited by Tom Veale; 05-19-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    There are fewer and fewer reasons to live in SoCal nowadays but all-year driving still is one of them! I can't imagine going through withdrawals ever winter like you folks do. Glad to hear 007 survived the winter unscathed.

Happy driving, and remember, no pics didn't happen!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    There are fewer and fewer reasons to live in SoCal nowadays but all-year driving still is one of them! I can't imagine going through withdrawals ever winter like you folks do. Glad to hear 007 survived the winter unscathed.

Happy driving, and remember, no pics didn't happen!

David: Those us us that live in areas where we get snow can't imagine living in areas with earthquakes!
    I remember being at a wedding in Simi Valley,California at the Calabas Inn back in 1987 ( I think) and all of a sudden the building is moving and this New Englander is looking for a wall to grab ahold of when I see people LAUGHING and saying " That was ONLY A three".. You keep your sun, I'll take the snow and no earthquakes and call it a winner..
    Oh, I should add, last summer we did have a 4 point sonething located app 150 miles from me.
    Here I am sitting in my recliner watching the News when I feel the recliner move slightly.
    I'm sitting here thinking "Was that an earthquake?" LOLOL
    I got on the phone,called friends and said "Did you just feel an earthquake?"
    First time I ever remember one in New England!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi David, Here's some photos from #007's first 8K miles...............

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=130

Winter's not a problem as long as I wear my Packer's parka!

We don't have much in the way of earthquakes, but Glaciers are always a threat!!!

Last edited by Tom Veale; 05-20-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    a top, a heater and snows???

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it's warm summers here, mild winters (no snow!) and no earthquakes. Threats? How about all those whackers driving on the wrong side of the road?
    Last edited by Barrel; 05-21-2013 at 06:17 AM.