Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: More Transport woes... Customer Service a thing of the past

Post Thanks / Like

More Transport woes... Customer Service a thing of the past

We'll you would think you have a scheduled completion date from FF June 21, So you arrange Transport months before hand... Thinking you are good! For a pick up and delivery to your house in 7-10 days from the FF Completion... WRONG, I had heard the other long wait stories so figured I would call a week before to ensure I was scheduled for pick up and all good! Just staying on top of it!!! Then the excuses starting coming in when I called for why I was not getting picked up..., we can't get you for a week, next was FF is closed all week for inventory and will not allow pick ups... I called My rep at FF...BS......and now my car was supposes to be picked up today! Called to verify... Nope.... Now a truck broke down last Thursday and they can't pick up until at least the week of the 7th... (not holding my breath) we'll see what the story is next week... they have 3 trucks and yet somehow it is going to take close to a month to get my car after I confirmed it was hanging on a rack waiting to be picked up with the transport on June 19th.

I'm sorry to vent but I think a little Customer Service would have be nice! If you had a truck break down Thursday I should get a call Friday with a status update! I should not have to wait for an update until I get around to calling... If I had not called I wonder when I would have heard my delivery was going to be a month late?

whether FF wants it or not they are some what tied to their Transport company and I would suggest researching other options.

I guess Customer Service is just a thing of the Past...
    Last edited by Mslone; 06-30-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your pain. I also got a "frame problem excuse, FF not releasing kits" BS that was not true thus a week delay in picking up. Then was loaded wrong and went to AZ to reload. It was scheduled to be picked up Aug. 3; it finally got delivered Sept. 11. But all the emotions from the wait went away when it showed up and the building began. I actually used the transit time for making a table and organizing materials. It'll be there soon.
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think you are right as far as the customer service is concerned. There should be a process where you have a direct contact with the dispatcher and they track your issue until it is resolved (they should coordinate with FFR). Like a set of tracking emails from UPS, it gives you an update and status of your package. From what I have heard, there is no such continuity for this process. Now the trucking thing is an entirely different matter. That's not getting any better and it won't. With this small company spread across the country, a month doesn't sound like a bad TAT. I've dealt with logistics projects and they are the hardest to design, implement, and maintain at an efficient level. The finish date on the FFR stuff is like a moving target that the trucking company has to keep up with and anticipate. You will feel a lot better pretty soon. Who knows, if everybody keeps pressing the issue they may put something in place to make it more customer friendly. WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I would not be near as mad if someone was keeping me in the loop.

I feel like I have to babysit all this or it will not get done... Rediculious

To All Vendors on the Forum, it's simple - Do what you say you will do when you say you will do it! And if you can not do what you said you will do, have the common courtesy to pick up the phn and explain the situation to the client that is paying you to do what you promised.
    Last edited by Mslone; 06-30-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Right there with you....I assume you got my PM on this subject. Car is now arriving while i'm 5,000 miles away...so having friends come over to help my wife manage the delivery. Sucks that I will miss it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My delivery was delayed a week or so in 2011 when I ordered mine. Not desirable, but I rolled with it.
    But I've got another gotcha for you to prepare for: I called a week or so before my delivery to finalize payment and confirm all the details. Whoever I spoke to took all of my payment info and said we were good.
    When the driver showed up, he asked me how I wanted to pay the balance(?) WTH?
    I said I took care of that already and he said his records didn't show it and he wouldn't unload 1 box until the balance was cleared!
    I called the transport company and they said "she" was out of the office that day!
    Crap!!! After a bit of explanation and the office clearing it with the driver, we were square and my kit was unloaded.
    There were a few tense moments there that really didn't need to occur with proper communications.
    I shouldn't have been notified when the driver was standing in my driveway! Especially after I called WELL BEFORE it was shipped.

Check, then double check, then check one more time!

Good Luck, Believe me, it will be worth it in the end!
    Cruising ~ 1,100 miles with my dad to LCS a week ago! Priceless!
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    One guaranteed form of transport that won't leave you wondering what's going on... and will forge great memories:

If you want something done right, do it yourself.

Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    You're preaching to the choir.
    Build Blog
    #8203, carbed 427W (611 hp), TKO 600, IRS
    Delivered: May 27, 2014
    Mechanically "Complete": October 1, 2014

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gumball;159881]One guaranteed form of transport that won't leave you wondering what's going on... and will forge great memories:

If you want something done right, do it yourself.

That's how I do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    even with self pickup it was delayed a week... lucky I live only 3 hrs away to reschedule
    Last edited by RM1SepEx; 07-01-2014 at 08:06 PM.
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Houston, TX so not a quick trip to go grab myself, or I would!

I keep telling my Dad.... At 1500.00 a car a guy with a Diesel truck, a two car hauler trailer and a little business sense and a touch of customer service a guy could make a hell of a living hauling these cars... Make a few roller dollies...and Delivering on what they promise clients ... 2 cars x 1500.00, i figure 2 cars a week... Work the routes you want... When you want... That's 150,000 per year with a months vacation... Minus expenses and fuel still a good living!

Just sayin.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mslone View Post
    I'm in Houston, TX so not a quick trip to go grab myself, or I would!

I keep telling my Dad.... At 1500.00 a car a guy with a Diesel truck, a two car hauler trailer and a little business sense and a touch of customer service a guy could make a hell of a living hauling these cars... Make a few roller dollies...and Delivering on what they promise clients ... 2 cars x 1500.00, i figure 2 cars a week... Work the routes you want... When you want... That's 150,000 per year with a months vacation... Minus expenses and fuel still a good living!

Just sayin.....
    Ya right. wa wa wa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rich grsc View Post
    Ya right. wa wa wa
    I've been biting my tongue with this and one other thread but...........I'm with you Rich, I won't be making any new friends today. But really, if you're all getting this worked up before you even get your car delivered, you're in for a big surprize when it finally arrives. Next you'll all be on the "parts backordered" thread crying. This hobby is about having fun and if you can't get past a delay in delivery, for what ever the reason, you should probably stop now, cancel your order and get your money back. Sorry guys.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Frank,

I don't think the frustrations with the transportation takes away from the fun in building. It is a bump in the road that could be smoothed out with better customer service which is what the OP alluded to as it's a pain that could be overcome if Stewart cared to communicate truth rather than excuses. I experienced the pain but in no way did it have any influence on my build attitude and I'm not whining, just chiming in with my experience.

With the reference to back ordered parts, my experience in dealing with FF leaves me with a feeling they care and strive to help me. A lot different from contacts with Stewart.
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bking View Post
    Frank,

I don't think the frustrations with the transportation takes away from the fun in building. It is a bump in the road that could be smoothed out with better customer service which is what the OP alluded to as it's a pain that could be overcome if Stewart cared to communicate truth rather than excuses. I experienced the pain but in no way did it have any influence on my build attitude and I'm not whining, just chiming in with my experience.

With the reference to back ordered parts, my experience in dealing with FF leaves me with a feeling they care and strive to help me. A lot different from contacts with Stewart.

2bking Thanks, Thats my point completely, a Little Customer Service would go a long way, My experience with FF has been Great! They were helpfull during the decision process, answered my countless questions... And finished it when they said it would be done!

Frank, I'm not going to Cancel my order.... Thanks! This not my first car project, I'm just super anxious to get started on this Project, Im more upset becuase my Dad actually scheduled a vacation to visit me here in TX after the 4th. since we were told by ST and figured it would definately be here by then, so he could help me get started... And with these multiple transport excuses/delays and lack of communication... he will not even see the car.

It will get here (Eventually) and like others have said the frustration will be gone then... and the Build will begin! I know that, just needed to Vent to guys that understand and feel my pain... Or at least I thought.

Frank,
    I'll try not to "Cry" on any more topics... I'm fully prepared for the Backorderd parts, becuase FF has already communicated the things that I may not get with the kit.... Communication is the Key!

A wise man once told me - Under Promise and Over Deliver!
    Last edited by Mslone; 07-02-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankeeski View Post
    Next you'll all be on the "parts backordered" thread crying. This hobby is about having fun and if you can't get past a delay in delivery
    Sharing your frustration in a community that shares your fun hobby isn't necessarily "crying" and certainly doesn't mean you "can't get past" it. It's kinda part of being part of a community...you learn from each other, you celebrate your successes, you vent your frustrations to people who will understand.

As people have said, delays are one thing, communication (or lack thereof) is another.

Prime example is the rear end situation. I've known for a long time that supply was tight and things were getting delayed. That doesn't particularly bother me. But this does:

I was given the choice of "unfinished and $200 credit delivered in 2-3 weeks or powdercoated delivered in 6-7 weeks." Fine, I'll take unfinished. 3, 4, 5 weeks roll by and I'm asking about status. Get "another week" kinds of responses multiple times. I finally get the word from the vendor that it's shipping...cool. I ask FF when/how I get my $200 credit/refund. "You're getting a powdercoated rear end...things didn't work out with the vendor for the uncoated ones."

So, in the end, I'm happy with the parts I got and I'm going to enjoy putting it in my car and it really didn't delay things for me in a material way...but the communication along the way was really poor. When you set an expectation and realize you're not going to meet it, you ought to inform your customer. It's not that hard.

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The logistics of delivery of these kits is difficult, they basically need to get a few moving in the same direction. And that depends on how the orders fall at FFR. Not to worry.....when it finally arrives, all will be forgiven. Your mind shifts gears and life is good!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    After 28 years in the transportation business I can tell you that you just described a normal delay. Trucks and factories are not like buses or planes regarding schedules. Busy your self with prep and before you know it you will have your kit. Yes, maybe a call could have been better than you having to jump through hoops. I've been around these parts and on these sites for 15 years. Received my kit in 2000 and had some shortages when the truck arrived. I worked around that and loved every day I was building my kit. Good luck to you. You'll forget all about this when you start your engine the first time, Hapy building.