Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Huntington Beach Cruise-In Details

Shows & Events Coordinator, FFR Sally Bean's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

2011 Huntington Beach Cruise-In Details

Hi Guys,

Sally here! Dave Lindsey has posted full details of this year's Huntington Beach Cruise-In on Factory Five's website where you can sign-up directly for the event. I'm excited about this year since Dave Hodgkins and other Factory Five customers secured the location which is at the base of the Huntington Beach Pier ON THE PIER PLAZA! And the adjoining parking lot.

If you have any questions you can call me at Factory Five at 508-291-3443.

Sally Bean
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dang it, beat me to the punch!

Let's make this the official thread!

So, I'm in. Who else plans to join?

Can we stretch this out with maybe a Friday night bash?

Also, I believe more info is needed on the Reg. form for badges. I've emailed a request to FFR to add home town, forum handle, FFR Type and FFR number. Hopefully it will get added quickly...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,

We added the details to the registration form so that everyone at the event can have name tags with accurate information.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm registered!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm registered with requested information included. Hope I'm in the first fifty so I can get the special prize.

David thanks for getting that location secured for the event. It's a wonderful spot regardless of the event.
    It's never too early to start beefing up your obituary.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoo-Hoo!!!

I'm in . . . see you there. I'l be bringing a few more from Vegas. Where's the Reg form to fill out?

Update; Registered. Bringing 1 guest and one other participant.

Doc
    Last edited by Big Blocker; 03-27-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, I'm in again. Thanks in advance for all of your hard work. ( Both Daves )

Marty
    Last edited by Marty Prario; 03-13-2011 at 08:51 AM.
    F5R1006211RD, Blue Granite Metallic with Titan Silver Stripes by Jeff Miller (Batman)
    4.6 SOHC, 3.73 R&P, 3 Link W/Koni's, 17x9 Cobra R's with 255 45zr 17 BFG Tires, Champ Pan

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    If you go to the post on FFR's website (first article under whats new) http://www.factoryfive.com/whatsnew/...hb/invite.html there is a link to the sign up form online

I think the actual link is this (but I dont know to post the link other than copy the web address).

Link to register at http://factoryfiveparts.com/product....age=1&featured

Dave

I am really looking forward to being there this year and hope to see alot of you guys.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    OK now I'm "officially" in!

TTT

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    I need a couple of things done for me while your in my home town. 1) I need someone to go to Perks on Main Street and have a beer and a shot for me. 2) I need Dave Smith to bring his board and catch a wave for me. Dave it would be a waste if you went to H.B. and didnt catch a wave and shoot the pier....Get wet Brother!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm signed up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyWinner View Post
    I need a couple of things done for me while your in my home town. 1) I need someone to go to Perks on Main Street and have a beer and a shot for me. 2) I need Dave Smith to bring his board and catch a wave for me. Dave it would be a waste if you went to H.B. and didnt catch a wave and shoot the pier....Get wet Brother!!!
    I got Dave covered. I'll have two 9 sixes from none other than The Rockin Fig. Fignetti builds all my boards mang!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'll be attending as a spectator. Looking forward to it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You gotta be kidding glen! I rode a "rail-grabber" 6'8" rocking fig I bought from John parmenter in 1992. I gave the tired old board to a kid in Newport a few years ago! Sounds like a plan, I'll bring my 3/2 wetsuit And hope for a morning sesh at 14th street where I used to surf!
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by astglenn View Post
    I got Dave covered. I'll have two 9 sixes from none other than The Rockin Fig. Fignetti builds all my boards mang!
    I get all my boards in Sunset Beach, a guy named Bruce Jones, a great local shaper. Never had a long board but Im getting one when I get back...getting older and want a board that I can ride any day. You guys have fun in H.B. and when I get back we need to get together and hit some waves. Dave try the Edison Plant too theres a nice sand bar in front of it and makes some nice waves sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in and registered.

Dave, what time are people going to be there for setup?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PERL View Post
    I'm in and registered.

Dave, what time are people going to be there for setup?
    Jeff,

I'll be there shortly after dawn setting up the tent. Will probably hide my car in a corner somewhere as it is STILL (and forever? ) in gel-coat. Remember, The sooner you get there the better the parking spot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Smith View Post
    You gotta be kidding glen! I rode a "rail-grabber" 6'8" rocking fig I bought from John parmenter in 1992. I gave the tired old board to a kid in Newport a few years ago! Sounds like a plan, I'll bring my 3/2 wetsuit And hope for a morning sesh at 14th street where I used to surf!
    Ha! You and Lucky can go with #2 son, Chad. He rides a Rockin Fig gun. Ima be at Blackies with the elderly crowd!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You guys want to set up an "official" surf session on Friday?

Post Thanks / Like
    registered

Post Thanks / Like
    David, See you early on the 23rd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Offically registered with all of the participant info sent to Sally. Dave H. you can count on me being there to help in any way needed.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Registration is completed. Am looking forward to adding to my $40 t-shirt collection. Fortunately the people (with or without cars) make the day all good.
    Thought I would bring a kite, anyone else?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    You guys want to set up an "official" surf session on Friday?

Ahhhhhhh ! Im in tears over here!!! I hope theres a good swell for you guys!!! If you guys get together for a session, I would love to have some pictures. I was just looking at the new pictures of PCH and it looks like they got rid of Whimpys Burgers....what a shame, I loved that place. Harbour House Cafe is a great place to eat, in Sunset Beach, but parking isnt the greatest, or SuperMex there at Bolsa and PCH. I need to get back soon and smell the salt air and get wet. You guys have fun and catch a wave for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am always up for that. The pier has become a great place to get in a beef now though. If the swell is south west and nice, you might as well be in my home town of Kilua HI. Lots of beefs out there. 14th is better fo sho. I am up for anything. I'll bring Dave a stick.

Dave, you want to try a 9-6 Fig? It's not our father's long board, these things will turn, drop in and start WAY outside.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be there and DJ the event. Really Glad you're coming this year Dave. I know every enjoys having you at the many events around the USA. Is there going to be and "informal" dinner fri night? Most if not all of the "out of state guys" will leave for home sat to catch easter Sunday with their families.

Post Thanks / Like
    Registered and looking forward to joining everybody, since my car is finally done! Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Ill be there, cant wait!!

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool news! The guys at Wilwood will be attending the cruise-in as an official sponsor.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    is there trailer parking near by? body will be in prime i hope.
    GTM wide body kit window frames

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zag5ePstVsA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh. My. Gawd. That car is SICK!

To answer your question, yes, parking is nearby. It's in the attached lot just north of 6th street (we are to the south)

Back to your GTM. That is a fire-breating MONSTER!! What you heck you got in that thing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bat-mobile Option! How cool is that!?

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a little recon when I was in Huntington last week. Here is the pier, in all its glory. Oh and a little surf contest that was happening on the south side.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really good burger place at the far end of that pier....

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Really good burger place at the far end of that pier....

Ray
    You are absolutely right. Ruby's. Great spot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Smells great in there, especially after the walk down the pier smelling fish bate!!!! If you like mexican, go to SuperMex on PCH and Bolsa across from Jack in the Box. (18 years ago first date with wife....Im the last of the big spenders!!! lol) I cant wait for pictures of all the SoCal group, remember theres never enough pictures!!! Astglenn, would like to see some surf pics if you guys go out for a Surf Session. Ride on for me (Im a goofy so you have to break left)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey guys! The guys at Wilwood are going to be there as a sponsor and I am negotiating right now for both magazine and broadcast coverage. More to report when I know it. Im really looking forward to the event and seeing alot of you guys. My brother and I started FFR and wrote the business plan over beers at the Longboarder restaurant right up on Main street two blocks from the peir plaza. HUGE thanks to alot of you guys for helping out with the event. As things get closer I think you'll see a flurry of activity.

One last thing. Now that we are back on the Peir plaza (big thanks to FFR customers and especially Dave H), I would like to build this into the one annual west coast FFR show every year. I also want to eventually take over main street and build this event into a weekend fun cruise-in/car show/car mecca event for FFR westies. Everyone who has attended the HB show or is signed up this year would be a "founding member" of the event. We can do something special as the event grows, and it will.

Sally is working on a special event for the Open House weekend here in Wareham and is also working on putting together an East Coast event in Florida each year at Amelia Island and that would make four large FFR car shows every year in almost all regions.

1. HB Cruise-in Southwest Region in April each year
    2. FFR Open House NorthEast Region in June each year
    3. London C-car show Midwest Region in late June each year
    4. Amelia Island FFR Concourse SouthEast Region in Sept/Oct each year

HB is a great car event and I am really stoked about being there this year.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    ACMIKEE......I trailered over from PHX last year and there was plenty of parking for trailers. Glad you are coming. Why don't you call Russ and bring him along too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We're putting it in overdrive!!! Awards are being designed by gt350Ed (Ed Holley), Mike Brasfield (Mesa Mike)has agreed to bring his killer PA again (He was the MC last year), and I'm busy pulling my hair out. Party plans for Friday night coming VERY soon! Also, make plans to be in town Friday so we can cruise PCH!

Glenn Evans is busy making the soon to be priceless limited edition (only 50 will EVER be made) commemorative keychains! IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP YET, YOU ARE ABOUT TO MISS OUT! There are less than 15 slots left so if you want to be among the ELITE 50 and get your keychain, SIGN UP! Or, face the lost opportunity to make a FORTUNE on ebay in 2031. You have been warned...

Post Thanks / Like
    Cant wait...I might have about the shortest drive as I live about 6 miles from the pier going north on PCH...not even long enough to stuff the earplugs in....should be a great day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast