Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 Huntington Beach Cruise-In Details

Silver Supporting Vendor Cameron Autosports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey David
    What is going on Friday. I'm interested!
    John
    #5560 All New Build MkIII IRS, 8.8 Torsen, Koni's, 427Stroker, Tremac TKO600, Fuel Cell, Pin Drive, Hugger Orange/White, SB100 • www.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/n1722t
    Cameron Autosports, LLC.
    West Coast Builder and Restorer of Award Winning Carswww.cameronautosports.com
    Winner: FFR Huntington Beach 2011 BEST OF SHOW • Winner: AHA Pomona, Ca 2011 BEST OF SHOW, BEST ENGINE, 1st Place Cobra Class $50K and 1st Place Cobra Class $30-$50K.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, just wanted to post "officially" I just booked my flight to come out to the event. I don't think my MK3 is going to fit in the overhead, and Delta charges by the pound, so I'm going to be rolling in a Hertz rent-a-wreck, but I will be there. Camera in one hand, video cam in the other. Looking forward to it guys!

It's been like three years since I was in that Ruby's! I'll probably have to hit an In-n-Out on my way down from LAX too! LOL

Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Man View Post
    OK, just wanted to post "officially" I just booked my flight to come out to the event. I don't think my MK3 is going to fit in the overhead, and Delta charges by the pound, so I'm going to be rolling in a Hertz rent-a-wreck, but I will be there. Camera in one hand, video cam in the other. Looking forward to it guys!

It's been like three years since I was in that Ruby's! I'll probably have to hit an In-n-Out on my way down from LAX too! LOL

Mark
    You are in luck...there are a couple of In-n-Outs on your way out of LAX!

Look forward to seeing ya!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Man View Post

Mark
    We will take a put down PCH in the MK lll. Glad you are making the scene.

Post Thanks / Like
    Registered! I hope to tow my un-registered car there though.

By the way, does anyone have a trailer here in OC I could borrow for the day?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Registered a couple of weeks ago. Anyone know of anyone in the S.F. Bay Area that's heading down, let them know I'm trying to get a little caravan going. Posted on the Norcal forum as well.
    https://hhong43.wixsite.com/snkvnnm-build
    FFR #4883: 347CID|CompCam Magnum 286HR|Vic. Jr. heads|Hurricane Intake | Mighty Demon 650DP|IRS w/Torsen T2 & 3.55 | MSD ignition system | Mallory pump/filter/reg.|Forgestar CF5 18" w/245-45R18 & 295-35R18|Original I-Squared 1+1 System ☺ ☺☺

Post Thanks / Like
    HEY, how early can we pull in, or will it be blocked off until 9AM ?? Also, just a little inside "local" info...for Mexican food I highly suggest Chronic Tacos at 328 11th Street, small place, big food...off the beaten track away from the Main Street crowd. Stuff it in there or bag it out the door and hit the sand. Cant beat it.
    Last edited by cobraboyHB; 04-15-2011 at 07:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am bringing mine there on a trailer. I am still under construction, but I want to show it off... JJ

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Guys,

The HB Cruise-In is gaining momentum. Here are some fun update for next Saturday.

- Ford Racing's Jesse Kershaw will be on hand to award a special "Best Ford Engine" Award.

- Hot Rod Magazine Editor Rob Kinnan will be bringing his '33 Cover Car to the show! Rob will be presenting a special Hot Rod Magazine Editor's Choice Award.

- Modified Mustangs & Fords Magazine Editor Mark Houlahan is making the long trip out from Florida to cover the show for his magazine. So if you are interested in seeing your ride in his magazine, bring along a description of your car to make his job easier and improve your chances. Mark will be presenting a special Modifies Mustangs & Fords Editor's Choice Award.

- The crew from Wilwood Brakes are bringing their display and showing off our all-new Wilwood brake upgrade kits (these will be on our parts catalog shortly).

- Factory Five customer Art Cuesta will be bringing Roger Stine's car for the Moment of Thunder tribute.

- Racing guru Karen Salvaggio will be bringing her 25 Hour endurance Coupe for all to see.

- Speaking of Coupes, the legendary Russ Thompson is rumored to be flying in from Nor' Cal for the event.

- And what West Coast event would be complete without Steve Moriarty's "Kermit"...the most autographed Factory Five in history.

- Richard and Yvonne Migliori from Team PDG are bringing their ALL-NEW Gen 2 GTM that is ready for racing this year. I can't wait to see Rich's paint job on the new Gen 2 body.

- This year's event is shaping up really nicely and I look forward to seeing all of you on Saturday, the 23rd! If you haven't registered yet, there is still time to sign-up your car. We anticipate close to a hundred cars at this year's event.
    Last edited by Dave Smith; 04-19-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I'm going to be able to make it

Just finished registering KERMIT for HUNTINGTON. Was suppose to be doing voice over work at Warner bros that SAT but DAVE talked me into having them change my stuff until the FRIDAY B4. Will be dropping by FAIRPLEX tomorrow AM just to say HI but won't be able to stay, have a movie meeting. Wish I could stay since FAIRPLEX is only a mile & a 1/3 from my house

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, really glad you can make it. Looking forward to catching up on whats been going on.

Marty
    F5R1006211RD, Blue Granite Metallic with Titan Silver Stripes by Jeff Miller (Batman)
    4.6 SOHC, 3.73 R&P, 3 Link W/Koni's, 17x9 Cobra R's with 255 45zr 17 BFG Tires, Champ Pan

Post Thanks / Like
    Linda and I are coming to Hunington next week with or without the the Green One having registered several weeks ago. Was driving with a friend to the 101 Diner in Encinitas yesterday (really good food) and started hearing a clanking sound. On the way back home I had the water temp gage peg at 250. Determined today that the clanking sound was a loose front wheel. The adapter for the pin drive had worked loose. Of the three other wheels the two rear wheels had the same problem. U some loctite on the lugs. Haven't figured out the temp issue. The gage does not stay pegged but will vary between 210-250. Let it idle for 20-25 minutes yesterday in the garage and it never got above 180-190. Upper and lower hoses get hot and fan comes on between 180-190. Have her back up on jack stands today just to look at everything underneath.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul, I sent you a pm regarding your heating issue.
    F5R1006211RD, Blue Granite Metallic with Titan Silver Stripes by Jeff Miller (Batman)
    4.6 SOHC, 3.73 R&P, 3 Link W/Koni's, 17x9 Cobra R's with 255 45zr 17 BFG Tires, Champ Pan

Post Thanks / Like
    MARTY
    It's going to be great seeing you & all. Been pretty interesting time movie work wise. I am actually on my way to PHOENIX on MAY 15th to start the filming of 4 movies that will keep me there until late fall. I'm actually playing the leads in two of those 4 which is kinda scary. I'm playing 2nd lead to ANTHONY HOPKINS i nthe 1st one called RING OF THE FALLEN. Have got KAY talked into a GTM

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats awesome Steve, with all your experience you will do fine. See you on Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like
    ThaNKS MARTY. It's going to be fun. HOPKINS is so down to earth you have to call him TONY. SIR LAURENCE OLIVIER was the sAME WAY. After your 1st meeting with him you had to call him LARRY.
    BTW if anyone is interested: Was over at PARMOUNT two weeks ago & WARNER BROS about a month ago. At both studios some of the studio crews took me into their viewing rooms. They showed me GRAND PRIX [Warner] & LE MANS [Paramount] on BLU-RAY. Knockout transfers, some of the best I'm seen. GRAND PRIX will be avialable on MAY 24TH with a two disc BLU-RAY for $24.00. LE MANS will avialable MAY 24th on a single BLU-RAY for $19.00.

Post Thanks / Like
    We're registered and will be driving the roadster out from Phoenix on Friday! Planning to caravan w/Mesa Mike. Got a room at the Shorebreak, too. See you then.

Thanks,
    Will
    FFR MK III picked up 9/24/05 Roller 9/28/05 First start & go-cart 11/28/05 red w/white stripes, PC Chassis, heat/defrost, FFR 15's, pwr footbox vents, radio delete, dual quad 427W, 4 link w/3.27's, Koni's all around, Gen 1 rag top, snapless tonneau, Herb's door panels, NRC rear discs, Breeze head rest, ********** emblems, Paint by Gino's in Rowley, MA
    2011 ffcars.com calendar Cover Car Yes, that's me in the avatar with Dave Smith in front of my roadster at the '06 FFR Open House!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking forward to the cool ocean breeze !! C'ya there !!

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Richard and Yvonne Migliori from Team PDG are bringing their ALL-NEW Gen 2 GTM that is ready for racing this year. I can't wait to see Rich's paint job on the new Gen 2 body.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm not crying.....I just got something in my eye.
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Glad Richard and Yvonne will make it to HB this year......

#4 GTM last weekend at Buttonwillow..
    Last edited by vnmsss; 04-25-2011 at 02:47 AM.
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Event Overview:

If coming from the 405, Exit Beach Blvd South (towards the beach)
    Take Beach all the way to PCH and turn RIGHT.
    You will see the pier on your left as you come into town.
    Make a LEFT on 6th street, and go down the ramp.
    Trailer Parking is on your right, and the show will be on the top level of the parking lot on your left.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the earliest that we can pull our cobras in to park? Can we come earlier than the 9AM registration or is that for everyone registered or not? OK thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yes, you can pull in shortly after dawn.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to the show today. Had a great time, thanks. Only 4 GTM's but 4 was more than enough to fuel my fire for one of these. Soon baby soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was busy attempting to steam video so no pics yet but my friend Dan Stiel recorded the moment of thunder:

http://youtu.be/6neAthS2jjg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all for a great time. Will see you guys on the silver screen [scary thought]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow! What a weekend! Had a blast from the time we arrived on Friday afternoon, until we returned Saturday evening!

David H......You kept this event alive over the last couple of years, and your contributions is simply deserving of the highest praise and acknowledgement.
    Friday evening drive along the California Coast

As others have noted, the weather was sterling, the setting was nothing short of picturesque, each and every one of the cars were awesome, and the people, well, the Factory Five Racing community is simply exceptional! 24 hours of non-stop fun for sure, and without a doubt, we have the most awesome car community on the planet! I just had to keep pinching myself all day on Saturday to truly believe just how spectacular the whole event turned out. It was great to spend some time with Sally Bean and Nicole Smith (great job organizing!), as well as meet so many new folks yesterday, including Mark Hulahan and Jesse Kershaw.

Dave Smith......I am humbled and truly honored to receive the 2011 Legacy Award along with my good friend David Hodgkins. There are so many folks that have helped me along the way, and so many others to which I believe the award would be so well-deserved. It's not often that I am speechless, but you did it my friend. This honor will always hold a very special place in my heart. Thank you!

Huntington Beach to Laguna...Friday afternoon.....We were in some very good company....

The Thunder Valley Racing team was also very honored to receive the Best Innovative Design award at the Huntington Beach Cruise-In. I was the lucky dawg to receive the award, but all of the honors for our Coupe development efforts for the track truly go to the passionate, talented and truly outstanding members of the Forum through who's work we have taken our Coupe to new levels of competition. FFR pro-builders Hank Lopez, David Borden, Russ Thompson, Alison Hines, John Card, Carl Critz, Bill Robertson, Ken Stroh, and so many others have designed, coached, hand-built, and spent time at the track and under the hood/frame of our Coupe in an effort to (as Hank so astutely says) "improve the breed." We've learned a lot from the generous and kind individuals, and the kudos go to each of them! Thanks to everyone!

Glenn......What can I say? You and your family are AAAAAmazing! For the sake of those that don't know, our newest member of our family (fondly named the "N'Orange car) was in Glenn's care before it came into our hands. With the help of great folks like Mark Dougherty and Frank Maslowski, Andy, Tracy and Brandon built the car in virtually one week, and it sparked to life and drove under its own power with Tracy behind the wheel (and little Evan in the passenger seat) on Saturday morning...It was sure fun to be there in the parking lot with you Glenn, and to have Dave Smith witness the first drive for our newest So Cal members....I felt like a proud parent for sure....(and I think those yellow things in your hands have something to do with your award for Best Paint!)

Big congratulations to all of the winners from yesterday's awards presentation. There sure were a gaggle of awesome machines serving as octane-based eye-candy......The talent pool in our group never ceases to amaze me, and judging that stable of vehicles could not have been easy!!! Hats off to the judges for their dilligent efforts. VERY nice work!

Karen
    Last edited by vnmsss; 04-25-2011 at 03:07 AM.
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2010 West Coast Champion

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Russ....We enjoyed your company!!! Thanks for everything you do for our community!

Dave enjoying the very versatile Type-65 Coupe

TC McNett's #33 spec racer and Team PDG's GTM (Richard & Yvonne Migliori)...We had five Challenge Series roadsters at HB!

David Hodgkins & Phil Hodgkins ....
    Last edited by vnmsss; 04-25-2011 at 02:46 AM.
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2010 West Coast Champion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12