Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ive learnt not to question FFR

Post Thanks / Like

Ive learnt not to question FFR

Ok when Dave said the 33 should weight around 2200lbs I thought "yeah right". And then when the 818 came in at a chubby 82okg I started to question everything I believed in.
    It felt like my whole life had turned upside down or down under or something.
    I could no longer taste colours and all I could see was sweet and sour.
    Thank God life is starting return back to normal after putting the 33 on the scales.

Yes that's 1000kg (2200lbs) on the knocker!! and 500kg at both ends on the official government approved weighbridge. Even the weigh bridge dude was impressed.

I'll post up a graduation thread when she gets plates but til then we've beefed up security.

Dave, I'll never question anything you say again, I promise.

CC
    Last edited by Chris Canning; 08-05-2013 at 07:19 AM. Reason: grama again
    Chris Canning
    Component Cars Australia

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oooo, wicked guard dog!

Congrats on the spot-on report. Can you share some details of your build the resulted in those numbers?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I would really like to know what engine you are using and how it's configured, well, pretty much everything else too. Looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Oooo, wicked guard dog!

Congrats on the spot-on report. Can you share some details of your build the resulted in those numbers?

Sure thing. Running an L98 from a Holden Commodore SS. Its a local version of the Ls2 6.0L with a T56 6 speed.
    The 33 is all standard Factory Five, 3 link with the Moser rear end. Kirkeys, Willwoods, FFR wheels, split rear exhaust.
    Was weighed as a cycle guard roadster with 1/4 tank of gas but has Dynamat lining to cockpit and doors so could have easily gone under 1000kg.
    I just thought it was pretty cool being bang on 1000kg and a perfect 50/50 split.
    Chris Canning
    Component Cars Australia

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Canning View Post
    I'll post up a graduation thread when she gets plates but til then we've beefed up security.
    Looks like Beauty and the Beast! Yep, that dog's a Beauty!!

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Your doner was a Holden, so I looked at your location. I used to be your neighbor, spent several years teaching in Malaysia. 2200 and 50/50 knocks me out. Thanks for the report. You have wide open spaces to drive your rocket, congratulations!