Post Thanks / Like

Moochfest any word ?

Wondering if its happening ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been checking FFR calendar also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ttt

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys as of right now, we will not be having a moochfest this year. We however will still be having our annual open house in June.

Joe@FFRTECH

Post Thanks / Like
    aw mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, thats my only time to get away from the wife and kids!

Post Thanks / Like
    What! No moochfest???? Sorry, that's just wrong! FFR doesn't get to decide, whole idea behind moochfest was a bunch of customers kicked in the door and said you should buy us pizza!

Yes, it turned into a winter open house but the point is, the customers decided it should happen.

IMHO, you guys should rethink about your decision.
    Mark III 4630RD Explorer 302, Holley SA570, FRPP B-cam, 4 to 4's, 3 Link, Bullitt wheels, Baer Brakes, 3.73 gears, HD T-5, I2 wiring, Koni Coilovers, Classic Gauges. Jaguar Racing Green w/ Silver stripes

PM me if you live in Upstate New York. Get added to the "Upstate Cobras" email list. 60+ members!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by UpstateCobraGuy View Post
    What! No moochfest???? Sorry, that's just wrong! FFR doesn't get to decide, whole idea behind moochfest was a bunch of customers kicked in the door and said you should buy us pizza!
    Yes, it turned into a winter open house but the point is, the customers decided it should happen.

Did the 818 project run FFR into the red, and they can't afford pizza's anymore? IF that is the case.......

As loyal FFR fans and gear heads we should mount a group effort and storm the factory in mass, carrying coffee and donuts for the morning, and we will order the pizza's ourselves to feed everyone and just stay the whole darn day and see how they like that
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    ...but the point is, the customers decided it should happen.

Ummm...who's decision is it again?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgood View Post
    Ummm...who's decision is it again?
    Do you know how Moochfest started?
    Mark III 4630RD Explorer 302, Holley SA570, FRPP B-cam, 4 to 4's, 3 Link, Bullitt wheels, Baer Brakes, 3.73 gears, HD T-5, I2 wiring, Koni Coilovers, Classic Gauges. Jaguar Racing Green w/ Silver stripes

PM me if you live in Upstate New York. Get added to the "Upstate Cobras" email list. 60+ members!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto51 View Post
    ......\ As loyal FFR fans and gear heads we should mount a group effort and storm the factory in mass, carrying coffee and donuts for the morning, and we will order the pizza's ourselves to feed everyone and just stay the whole darn day and see how they like that
    ^This.

In 2009 with the recession in full swing FFR cancelled the 2010 HB cruise in.

Well, we just had it anyway! 60+ cars showed up. It just takes one guy to grab the bull by the horns and make it happen!

IMHO,

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I would show, proboly would have been the 15th of Feb

Post Thanks / Like

not money

Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    ^This.
    In 2009 with the recession in full swing FFR cancelled the 2010 HB cruise in.
    Well, we just had it anyway! 60+ cars showed up. It just takes one guy to grab the bull by the horns and make it happen!
    IMHO,
    Maybe it's not about money at all. Dave is very good at giving back to his customer base.

Maybe there is just too much going on in the (Skunkworks) room to risk having that many prying eyes
    in the house at that time. The recent remodel of the R&D room<>which fits the definition of Skunkworks
    IMO points to a lot of TV and Magazine work there this year some of which may be covered
    by a confidentiality clause. The teaser about the HRM car was very short on details and got no more
    coverage after the initial picture. Anyone else want to see that moniker stick and debate who the chief skunk
    AKA Mr Stinky would be.
    DB

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know how Moochfest started?
    I do....

My feeling is if they don't want us there....I'm not just showing up.

Sad because I think a lot of potential and then current customers were there and got a great idea of what the Company was all about. Most of the people that went there thinking to buy, were quite impressed by the whole thing. Not going to happen this year, but I respect Dave's decision. I'm sure he wasn't happy about not having it. Dave and his employees have a lot on their plate, and need to do what they need to do. I wish them the best in the new year.
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by myjones View Post
    Maybe it's not about money at all. Dave is very good at giving back to his customer base.

Maybe there is just too much going on in the (Skunkworks) room to risk having that many prying eyes
    in the house at that time. The recent remodel of the R&D room<>which fits the definition of Skunkworks
    IMO points to a lot of TV and Magazine work there this year some of which may be covered
    by a confidentiality clause. The teaser about the HRM car was very short on details and got no more
    coverage after the initial picture. Anyone else want to see that moniker stick and debate who the chief skunk
    AKA Mr Stinky would be.
    DB
    Good point.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like

Smile which one

Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Good point.

Which point?

Did you like the skunkworks analogy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm going down on the 15th, and I'm bringing my own friggin pizza. Who's in?
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it".

Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy668 View Post
    I'm going down on the 15th, and I'm bringing my own friggin pizza. Who's in?
    Make you a deal?
    I'll hit Dunkin Donuts, grab 2 dozen donuts and a "box oh joe" if I can score a slice of your pizza later on?

I was looking forward to this. Haven't been anywhere since the heart attack last July and I don't want to say the walls are closing in on me but..wait! I swear one just moved!
    Last edited by Movieman; 01-28-2014 at 02:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bil1024 View Post
    I am in
    I take it as good news!!

If they started moochfest in the heat of the recession and now no longer feel the need for it, it means our F5R is in good shape for the future.

A lot of companies the size of Factory Five did not make it through the down turn, I'll buy my own pizza and celebrate the continued success of my favorite "dream Maker" company.

Besides, I am a meat lovers type pizza guy and they only bought cheese and pepperoni... cheapskates.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've been pondering this and my views have changed about Moochfest this year.

I throw a party at my house every year before HB. I gear up, hire people to do dishes and help in the kitchen (my kids ), cook an enormous amount of food and generally whoop it up for a few hours with maybe 30-40 of my best FFR buddies. Now let's say I decide to cancel it this year. That would be a bummer. But hey, I've got my reasons. Maybe I have some construction going on, or I can't afford it, whatever.

How do I respond if someone says
    "Hey man, don't worry about it; we'll just pick up pizza along the way. We have this every year! You can't just skip it!"?

I'd probably say something to the effect of
    "Hey, I'm not stopping anyone from getting together, we just can't do it at my house this year."

FFR has gone quiet again, which seems to me to always be a good thing. They've stated a few times that they are heavy into R&D right now and for whatever reason, they've effectively said "Sorry, we can't have that party at my house this year."

If you guys want to do a winter Cruise-In, that's awesome! I'd just pick another venue.

IMHO,

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's looking like it will be a busy day at Factory Five on the 15th with several kit pickups and a car club tour, so if you do stop by to check out the showroom, we ask that you please do not bring any food or drinks. We'll have a regular Saturday tour and pickup staff on hand, so if you aren't going for a tour or picking up a kit, we ask that you please stay in the showroom or front parking lot area.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalstar View Post
    Besides, I am a meat lovers type pizza guy and they only bought cheese and pepperoni... cheapskates.
    Calling Factory Five "cheapskates" is unnecessary and doesn't promote good will.
    Just saying

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope Dave calls the cops and has all of ya' run out of Wareham.
    Says me because I couldn't possibly be there even if it was going to happen

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBaker View Post
    Calling Factory Five "cheapskates" is unnecessary and doesn't promote good will.
    Just saying
    He was kidding...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thnx Dave "Hodgkins".....yes I was 100% kidding. Thx for being my wing man.

Are eggs only brown in New England?

Mad Dog if no food or drink, can we bring a Band? Just to be clear (I am kidding again).

Post Thanks / Like
    So how about a spring moochfest!

Post Thanks / Like
    As good news!! I'll buy pizza and celebrate the continued success of my favorite "dream Maker" company.
    Is the word on the street that this year Mooch it's at your house on the Cape true? Will you invite Dave Smith and the rest of the gang too
    Disclaimer before Jim puts a contract out on my sorry A$$ I was just kidding
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto51 View Post
    Is the word on the street that this year Mooch it's at your house on the Cape true? Will you invite Dave Smith and the rest of the gang too
    Disclaimer before Jim puts a contract out on my sorry A$$ I was just kidding
    I'm ok with doing it at my house, problem is I will be in Puerto Rico that day. Pick another day and by all means all are welcome. I am about 30 mins from F5R.

I have a Christmas party for my company every year at my house and we squeeze 100+ people into it.

Plenty of parking too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Even better if your not home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    It's looking like it will be a busy day at Factory Five on the 15th with several kit pickups and a car club tour, so if you do stop by to check out the showroom, we ask that you please do not bring any food or drinks. We'll have a regular Saturday tour and pickup staff on hand, so if you aren't going for a tour or picking up a kit, we ask that you please stay in the showroom or front parking lot area.
    Too bad, just a great day to meet up with a hard core FFR faithful, break the ice off winter, and look forward to Spring/Summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    I love you too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Made me laugh!

Post Thanks / Like
    We can shoot some video so you can still be "there," even while you are on your trip.

We can also take lots of pictures just to prove it happened.

We might even clean up behind ourselves... ;-o)

Have a safe trip.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    We can shoot some video so you can still be "there," even while you are on your trip.

We can also take lots of pictures just to prove it happened.

We might even clean up behind ourselves... ;-o)

Have a safe trip.

Regards,

Steve
    and heck, we could make sure to save him some coffee,donuts and pizza.. You know, just so he'll know we thought of him!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    and heck, we could make sure to save him some coffee,donuts and pizza.. You know, just so he'll know we thought of him!
    If anyone is going by an In and Out burger joint, bring a few, that will almost guarantee Dave Smith will be showing up.

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone is going by an In and Out burger joint, bring a few, that will almost guarantee Dave Smith will be showing up.
    I didn't know they were around here. Had them when I was in Vegas but becer saw one in New England.. GOOD Burgers!

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Tomorrow would be the 12th annual Factory Five "Moochfest". This year we elected to skip the event since we are putting efforts together (read save money) for some big 20th anniversary celebrations in 2015! Like I have for many years, I will be here for tours/visits so while we are not hosting a winter open house, I will here with a small crew from 9am to 12 noon to answer any questions and show people around the plant.

Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Also, sorry to have "gone dark" for the last few months. Really been buried with operational challenges here at work and some new projects we've taken on for 2014. I'll try and post a bit more often as this forum has been great about helping people and building the FFR community. As I said, I'll be here tomorrow if anyone wants to stop by. It'll be me and Jay with Sally at the front desk and Dave out back for the pick-up. I can show you guys the special edition 33 hot rod we're working on and the cosworth 818R project... It has been an exceptionally busy winter and the weather has been a real pain in the arse. Still, we've got some fun things cookin and are gearing up for HB and for the 2014 Open House event at which we'll be pulling the wraps off something cool.
    Last edited by Dave Smith; 02-14-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of being buried. I can imagine that the weather is a big challenge for you getting deliveries out,let alone imagining what" moochfest" would be like this winter.
    I'm assuming that FFR will bring at least one 818 to Huntington Beach this year?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Buried indeed!

Tuna, We have talked about HB a lot since we have some challenges this year that we havent had in previous years, but we still want to have a big party. IF we cannot bring our 818 out, we will definitely find a customer car. The challenge for us this year is with our big rig... California's new emmisions laws make the tractor "illegal" in California. I haven't decided what to do yet about getting a new truck, renting a rig, or not having the big rig at the event. In any case the 818 is a big part of our business and we'll definitely have something there for folks.

Last edited by Dave Smith; 02-14-2014 at 03:49 PM.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast