FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: THIS FRIDAY Pre-HB Open House, Cruise and festivities!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

THIS FRIDAY Pre-HB Open House, Cruise and festivities!

UPDATE:

MY ADDRESS:

3809 Park Green Drive
    Corona del Mar, CA 92625

Here are a few Satelite shots to get your bearings:

It's Huntington Beach Cruise-In Week, and that means FUN FUN FUN!!

To kick off the festivites, I'd like to organize a Friday open house, PCH cruise and evening get together for anyone who wants to kick off the weekend a little early!

I am holding an OPEN HOUSE on Friday, which means the pool and jacuzzi will be heated, the garage door will be open, and the music will be playing all day. "Official" festivities will begin with an afternoon cruise south from Newport Beach, through Laguna and into Dana Point for grub, then back up PCH to my place for fun and frivolity! (Hopefully some of the South OC crowd can help us pick a spot to hang out a while in Dana Point. El Torito on Golden Lantern? Other?) My digs are 6-7 miles South of the HB pier and if you are coming in from town and want to park your rig on my street overnight you are more than welcome to do so.

The only REQUIREMENT is that you show up, but I'd like to get a head count. So reply to this thread with your name and number of participants please!

This is an invite to all who are planning to attend the show, and you do not have to own a FFR to show up. The only thing I ask is that you stay safe and legal!

The actual address will be posted later this week, and is available via PM before then. The Official Attendance list is below, at the bottom of this post.

So, you coming, or what?!?

Weekend Forecast:

Attendees:

David Hodgkins and family (5)
    Phil Hodgkins and son (2)
    Mark Houlahan
    Jesse Kershaw
    John Tongish
    Bob and Donna Barnett (2)
    Mike and Debbie Dey (2)
    Andy and Karen Salvaggio (2)
    Doug Deffenbach
    Pete (Doc) Moskowitz
    Mike La Dow
    Sean Ulrich and guest
    Glenn and Lisa Evans
    Michael Whaley
    Mikey Likes It!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vnmsss; 04-22-2011 at 10:30 AM.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    DAVE

If I get done with my voice-over stuff early enough at WARNER'S I'll be there but I won't know until we are actually recording. I know they want to start AT 6AM that day be out of there by noon. I'll be in my van but not KERMIT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi David,
    Since I live in Dana Point, thought I would drive the Yellow One up for a little socialization at your place, cruise down the coast in the afternoon with the group, and have a late lunch?/early dinner? with all and then head home. You might consider Jon's Fish Market (also in the marina) for food. Has a nice outside dining space and great fish and chips.
    See you Friday and way too early Saturday morning.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I land at 1:30 David at LAX and then have to get my rental and brave traffic down to HB, so I'm assuming I won't be in town until like 4pm. I'll probably have my In-n-Out lunch on the road, but would be happy to join up for dinner/evening festivities...

Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave:

Donna and I and Mike and Debbie Dey will be there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We're in!!! Wouldn't miss it! Thanks David!!!

Karen
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave I will be there in the evening. I have sent an email to RAY so that he can respond.

Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    DAVE
    Looks like I won't be able to make FRIDAY. The schedule was moved back to 11AM so I know I won't be out until 6PM or 7 & I'll be in BURBANK. I'll see you bright [not sure how bright] & early SAT AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    No problem Steve, see you Saturday!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Absotuludely! Lisa and I will be there!!
    Last edited by astglenn; 04-18-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    David, you can probably throw Jesse Kershaw from Ford Racing on there too. He's flying in around 5pm Friay so don't expect him until later. We were planning to grab some dinner, but I'm sure I can talk him into coming by your place for the meet and greet. I'll let you know for sure in the next day or two...

Mark

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster

Post Thanks / Like
    Great of you to provide the openhouse David. Wish I could make it but I'm flying home from the Texas on Friday night.

See you all on Saturday morning.
    It's never too early to start beefing up your obituary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone up for a early morning visit to Donut Derelicts before getting under way at the pier? I'm going to head over (about 12 minutes from my hotel). I've seen a few Roadsters there before so no problems mingling with the street rod crowd...

Mark

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    As a followup to Mark's post, here is a map to Donut Derelicts. It's on the corner of Adams and Magnolia:

...As well as a link to their site:
    http://www.donutderelicts.com

They start EARLY, as in dawn, and will generally be over by 8am. So If you feel like doing something before the show...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, been there, done that! Got the T-shirt (and window sticker)! LOL

Planning 6am at DD, then rolling up to Cars & Coffee for a bit and be back to HB pier by 9:30 or so...

I'm a glutton for car cruise punishment!

Mark

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mark you are going to CnC Irvine, correct? The one on PCH near Crystal Cove moved to the Mazda building at the Spectrum...

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,

My buddy Mike and I will be there . . . we're coming in from Vegas (Baby!). Car is almost ready to hit-the-road Friday morning early, still needs a few "tweaks". We're actualy going to leave an hour earlier then originally planned just so we can make your event . . . THANK YOU!!! for your gracious hospitality.

Doc (Pete)

Post Thanks / Like
    If I could hop a camel and go AWOL I would!!!! You guys have a great time and I will see you soon and will be there at HB next year for sure!!!! Have a beer for me and the rest of the Military over here.
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, C&C Irvine David...

Lucky, this show is going to keep growing, so you'll have plenty to look forward to next year. That's for sure! Now you just need to keep your head down and come home safe!

Best...

Mark

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster

Post Thanks / Like

YES....Let's set off some car alarms...

Dave, Sounds like fun !! C'ya there ! Looking forward to the weekend.
    Mike
    Pressing the thin pedal on the right is more fun than I ever imagined !!!!
    MK 3.1 IRS, 392, TKO 600, Manual Brakes & Steering, Pin Drive 17"
    Thanks to Paul for all his help !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Address info added to 1st post.

Post Thanks / Like
    David,
    What is the timings for arrival, the cruise, life guard duty.....?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mark H....Really glad you're making the trip out......Looking forward to meeting you!! Safe travels (and be ready for lots of fun!)

K
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2010 West Coast Champion

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Karen! I'll be looking forward to it!

Mark

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster

Post Thanks / Like
    You had me at "Festivities".

I have a lot of work to do on the coupe tomorrow, but might finish in time to swing by in the afternoon. I hope so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to say HAVE A GREAT TIME TODAY & I'll see you tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to register my personal thanks to David and his lovely wife for the great fingerfood and hospitality this afternoon. Eight cars came (Karen and Andy brought two) Seven couples took their beauties on a cruise from Corona Del Mar down the coast by Crystal Cove, thru Laguna Beach and Laguna Niguel, and ending up at Dana Point harbor. An excited young lady helped by snapping the attached photo of us. She couldn't wait to run off and tell her husband about the cars. As she walked away I heard her say "OK, he can build one too, I know he can." Sounds like another customer for FFR.

This was a great start to what will be an even greater weekend. Let the party begin!

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for opening your house up for everyone, it was good meet everyone. See everyone in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks David and Lisa for opening your beautiful home to all of us......We had a great time visiting with old friends and made some new ones along the way. The ride down PCH was lots of fun, and I finally had a chance to see Glenn's car up close...Wow!.......Great to see Glenn and Lisa Evans make the long haul down from Rescue, CA, and what a nice surprise to look up and see Chuck Robertson's big, warm smile, along with his lovely wife Penny (who behind that calm beauty is actually a firey one herself), just ask me how I know. Doug and Linda Rossier are here as well!!! Yea!

See you guys in the morning!

K
    Last edited by vnmsss; 04-23-2011 at 02:20 AM.
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2010 West Coast Champion

Post Thanks / Like
    Lisa and I would also like to thank David and Lisa for their warm welcome. These are the type of folks that you just feel blessed to know. Thank you guys for opening your home and family. They are both simply wonderful. It was fabulous to get some face time with everyone. What a great group of people. Thank's Karen! You and Andy are the best. Thank's for lending Lisa the Jacket!! I am looking forward to seeing everyone today. Again, a big thank you to the Hodgkin's for all they have done to make this show happen and the fellowship they provide..

In 3000 miles, my car has never so much as sneezed. Well, as I pulled it into the garage last night, it pitched the O ring at the power steering line to pump connection. It juuuuust had to spew hot fluid up through the louvers and all over the car! S O A B! NICE! Early morning boogie to Autozone and yet another cruise around the paint with microfiber and super stuff. :O

Post Thanks / Like
    Home safe and sound guys! 405 North was a breeze, thankfully, and I had plenty of time at LAX to get to my gate. Thanks to David for Friday's festivities (even though I got to his house before they got back from their drive his lovely wife let this complete stranger in and let me help myself to David's beer!).

The show was great and it was nice to be back in HB. Glenn, you have a beautiful gaggle of ladies under your roof and it was nice relaxing after party you hosted. If any of you come to FL for vacation or business don't hesitate to call on me if you're in the central Florida area and we'll get togther, that's a promise!

Happy Easter everyone!
    Mark

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster

Post Thanks / Like
    David, Pete and I just wanted to say thanks again for all the hard work that went into this weekend. The Friday get together was a blast and HB was great. Thanks also to Glen for Saturday night after the show. This weekend was more than we could have asked for. Great conversation,great food and just an all around great time.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dave:
    Me and my wife wanted to thank you and Lisa for having us over; sorry I couldn't get down there in time for the drive but the 405 was being it's usual self.
    Thankfully, the group in that picture didn't devour all the food so we made ourselves at home and enjoyed the food and wine - and your dog ... acts more like a puppy than an adult!

Glen: thank you too for the after party on Saturday! The company there is beyond compare. Me and my wife had a great time talking with everyone. Both you and Dave have awesome families!

Thanks again for a great time at HB
    https://hhong43.wixsite.com/snkvnnm-build
    FFR #4883: 347CID|CompCam Magnum 286HR|Vic. Jr. heads|Hurricane Intake | Mighty Demon 650DP|IRS w/Torsen T2 & 3.55 | MSD ignition system | Mallory pump/filter/reg.|Forgestar CF5 18" w/245-45R18 & 295-35R18|Original I-Squared 1+1 System ☺ ☺☺

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David for opening your home. We didn't get there until after 7:00pm but felt the warmth of your hospitably. Thanks!
    Doug Rosier
    FFR #4737. IRS, Dual Roll Bars, 427w, TKO, Wilwood Brakes, Mass-Flo Fuel Injection, Bullit Wheels, a Bimini Top and Plenty of Fun!