Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: wrx and impreza wiring question

Post Thanks / Like

wrx and impreza wiring question

I'm using an 07 wrx donor and don't have the engine bay harness or the rear harness. theirs a local guy parting out a 07 2.5I would the harnesses that got to the lights and fuel pump be the same as an 07 wrx??????? thx for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    nobody?

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a very specific question that I think not a lot of people are going to know unless they have directly done a swap of that portion of the harness which is probably pretty rare and obscure.

If I were in your shoes, I would download the free factory service manuals for both and look at the wiring diagrams for those systems. It will take time but I think it is going to be tough to find someone who knows the answer. You could check with someone like iWire - they might be about the only folks who know the answer to something like this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Forunately, the 818 doesn't use the factory connectors for the fuel pump or the fuel level guage. The only headlight connector it uses is the high beam, which is an easy to find 9005 connector. I would either not worry about the factory harnesses, or use any harness I could find, since you are going to cut the ends off anyways.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think so. The 06 wrx and 06 regualar impreza engine bay harness, and bits of the rear harness is different. The rear harness can be modified very easily. The engine harness is very different.
    Again, I'm speaking on the 06 stuff. But, as I understand it, the 06 and 07 are very similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    You would need a rear harness and front harness from an 07 WRX (06 WRX rear could work, but not 06 WRX front). The non turbo model won't work (without modification) for the rear since it doesn't have a fuel pump controller. I'm not sure on specifics in differences in the front, but almost certainly they are different.

That is all assuming you are going to dump the whole harness in the car. For the harnesses that we're building here we could make do with just the main dash section on an 07 WRX because all of the engine equipment is located in the main bulkhead harness and everything else would be cut out anyway.
    Last edited by iWire; 12-10-2014 at 12:22 PM.
    When we say to our customers "if there is anything you need, please ask," we mean it.
    iWire Subaru Wiring Services
    Over 100 Custom 818 Wiring Harnesses Built
    http://www.iwireservices.com/factory...18-wiring-kits
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    ok thx I guess Its just better to look for the correct harnesses.