Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Thanks for a great time at hb

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for a great time at hb

TO DAVE SMITH & ALL MY GOOD FRIENDS
    Thanks for a great day. It was fun. After the awards, since I was one of the judges, I kinda envisioned the end of the orginal FRANKENSTEIN with everyone chasing BORIS KARLOFF with sticks & torches. I told the guys form AZ that I would over there for several months doing movies & will get together for dinner & such. I got home a little after 5 & took KAY to dinner & laid down at 7 & was out like a light.

HAPPY EASTER

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there Steve, I sure wish I could have made it down this year and I know first hand the tedious task of judging as I have done this so many times in the past but well worth it in the end. I will be there next year.
    Don
    FFR-4000, CHP 408ci./600hp, Wayne's Stack F.I. & Tec-3, T-600, IRS, Smith gauges, 17" Pin-Drive wheels, Whitby's rag top & paint by Ken Pike (SRP).

Post Thanks / Like
    Missed you there buddy. Had a blast with old friends & made a bunch of new ones. I enjoyed doing the judging & kept telling them everyone "Checks will be accepted." Got a lot of comments on how good KERMIT looks after 11 years & 82,000 miles. Some guy thought they said 8,200 miles & made a comment on how that wasn't very many miles & was corrected & then he thought that was alot of miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am convinced I will never meet Don. I think he is a computer program with a robot that is a fabulous cobra artist.

As Steve's co-judge, it was an honor and pleasure to meet one of the original, long term Factory Five Icons. You are one hell of a nice gentleman Steve. It was a great day. I don't think it could have been better. Well the bribes could have been better, but hey the economy sucks and I could use the money, so I aint complaining.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glenn
    I had a blast with you. You car is fantastic. It was fun judging but it was really hard to pick the winners. As for bribes I left with not enough money to pay attention let anything else, which was exactlyy what I arrived with. I was hoping to attend the eveing stuff but after all day FRI & early SAT at the studio & then over to HB I was ready to put my head under my wing & call it a day. Your a great guy & will look forward to seeing you in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by astglenn View Post
    Well the bribes could have been better,
    If I would have known that a bribe would have worked, I would have tried harder. As it was Glen, every time I would walk up to a group you were talking to you would peel off and I lost you. Should I start to take it personally?

Steve, always a pleasure. When you get ready for the work on the garage doors give me a holler.

Julie and I had a great time hanging with all of you and it was nice to see all of you we don't see very often. Thanks to David Hodgkins for getting this ball rolling and seeing it though. Many thanks Dave, Factory 5 could not have done it without you. Frank

BTW, I took no pictures of the event. Can someone PLEASE start a thread on the main forum and start a picture post?
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,
    It was great seeing you agin after a few years (SEMA 2009). You looked great in the hat and jacket, quite the movie personality! Maybe you can come to SEMA this November.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Glenn, way to funny but I assure you we will meet soon. I do want to get a dash from you and I'm very interested in the dash you made for your roadster in as far as the rolled ends ready to install although I will be covering mine in the traditional leather.
    I will get a hold of you in the next couple of weeks when I make a run up to Dave's place to pick up a few things from him, I'm sure I won't have a problem getting him to come with me to your place LOL. Looking forward to meeting you soon.
    Don
    FFR-4000, CHP 408ci./600hp, Wayne's Stack F.I. & Tec-3, T-600, IRS, Smith gauges, 17" Pin-Drive wheels, Whitby's rag top & paint by Ken Pike (SRP).

Post Thanks / Like
    DOUG
    It was great seeing you also. That hat is the one I'm going to be wearing as SHERIFF GRANT in DEMONWOOD. I will be playing a small town sheriff. The plan is for me to make SEMA but maybe not for the entire week because according to my movie schedule I maybe filming CLOUDY DAZE with DANNY GLOVER during that time. I told DAVE SMITH I am planning on making OPEN HOUSE this year [flying, NO KERMIT]

Post Thanks / Like
    Glenn,

Thanks for the the fun day. On the GENTLEMEN comment DON'T LET THE WORD GET AROUND. My wife, KAY, read that comment & said "If he only knew"

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    My plans changed and I was able to fly down for the event. It was really great seeing old friends and meeting new faces.
    Thanks go to Mike Brasfield for not only getting me to and from the airprot but his GREAT work at bringing the sound system, music and being the event DJ, you do a great job my friend.
    Weather was perfect, tons of beautiful roadsters, coupes, GTM's and hotrods. We even got to meet Dave Smiths daughter!

Job well done by Dave Hogkins and all that worked hard putting the event on!

Post Thanks / Like
    As always, the trip from Vegas to HB was again worth it. Steve, it was good catching up with you after such a long time. Glad to see your doing well. Russ, again it was good seeing you. So glad you made the trip down. I'll see you again at SEMA. Don, sorry you didn't make it. you'd better be there next year or Steve will have to do the judging again. If that happens, you may be permanently replaced. Frank, sorry we didn't get to talk longer but it was good seeing you again. Doug, I hope you job hunt is successful. And to many others I haven't mentioned, it was great to see old friends and meet new ones.

Oh yes, there was some guy there named Dave that might have had something to do with things. It was great seeing you again too!
    Doug Rosier
    FFR #4737. IRS, Dual Roll Bars, 427w, TKO, Wilwood Brakes, Mass-Flo Fuel Injection, Bullit Wheels, a Bimini Top and Plenty of Fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    oops double post
    Last edited by astglenn; 04-25-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankeeski View Post
    If I would have known that a bribe would have worked, I would have tried harder. As it was Glen, every time I would walk up to a group you were talking to you would peel off and I lost you. Should I start to take it personally?

Steve, always a pleasure. When you get ready for the work on the garage doors give me a holler.

Julie and I had a great time hanging with all of you and it was nice to see all of you we don't see very often. Thanks to David Hodgkins for getting this ball rolling and seeing it though. Many thanks Dave, Factory 5 could not have done it without you. Frank

BTW, I took no pictures of the event. Can someone PLEASE start a thread on the main forum and start a picture post?
    How in the hell did I miss you? Dude! Kick me or something! Im bummed. I really hate that we didn't hook up. Im here for a week. How about some lunch mang?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I could of been there guys. Sounds like it was alot of fun. Will be there next year for sure. Cant wait.
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve....let me know when you arrive in AZ. We live in Mesa. (480)218-5412

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, it was great to finally meet you after trading emails (about the magazine) and reading your posts over the years. I hope we can bump into one another sometime in the future.

Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    MARK
    I was fantastic meeting in person. Had a blast with you. Glad you liked my "Do you have any idea who my dad is" story. Magazine is great. My wife usually reads it & she isn't even car savy. One of the movies that I'm got the script on is called "THE LAST TEN" & it supposed to be filmed at DAYTONA SPEEDWAY, so I'll let you know when I'm there but there one is setup to be completely funded for awhile.

MIKEY
    Great seeing you. Always a pleasure. I [we] are supposed to fly into PHOENIX on sometime on the 15th of May to start filming RING OF THE FALLEN on the 16th. Filming for this one should take about 8 weeks so will have time to get together. The other 3 movies DEMONWOOD, MIDNIGHT HITS, & DRAGONCHILD will take about 4-6 weeks each so right now I'll be over there weekly until the middle of October. Getting a chance to play opposite ANTHONY HOPKINS in RING OF THE FALLEN is going to be a thrill & I'm actually playing a part that doesn't have palying a drunk [yet!]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe this! I pay you a thousand dollars and you still don't give me best paint?!? SO WHAT if it's still in gel-coat!!!

Hey, if you run across any scripts that call for very large, goofy people, you give me a ring!

All kidding aside, GREAT to have you there Steve, and good luck with your upcoming roles.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you can have a "best gel-coat" award next year David! I especially liked seeing the FFR sticker still on the nose of your Mk 3. Brought back memories! All your car needed was the OE duct tape holding the trunk, hood, and doors in place!

Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Steve.......It was great spending some time with you at AHA last weekend as well as at HB! Your warmth, sense of humor, and passion for these cars (and the people) make you a genuine icon around here....:>) Best wishes on all of your upcoming projects!!! I guess we'll be seeing you on the Silver Screen!

Mark....Really glad to finally meet you....Hope to catch up with you at some events there in the Southeast!! Not too sure if Jesse checks in here very often (he might be busy with small projects like developing Coyote motors), but it was great to meet him as well!! Thanks for shining the spotlight on all the great owner/builders out here!

Chuck and Penny Robertson, and Doug and Linda Roussier.....What a complete (and very pleasant) surprise to see you this weekend!!! We miss you guys, and hope to be out there sharing some road adventures with you again soon! Our trips with the Utah Cobra Club over the last few years sure left a lot of good memories!!!! Safe travels!

Doug D....Thanks again for all of your help this weekend! You're a tremendous supporter of our race team, and to everyone here on the Forum!

Karen
    Last edited by vnmsss; 04-25-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!

Post Thanks / Like
    DAVE, BUDDY

I voted you the BEST STEALTH PAINT JOB. Thanks for asking me to judge. It was fun. I'll keep you in mind when I've some projects that are happening in the LA area. You'd be fun to work with. I can't say that about all the people I'm working with now but I can say that about all the people I'll be working with in PHOENIX.

KAREN, DEAR
    I always enjoy the company of YOU, ANDY & the REST OF MY FFR FAMILY. Makes it fun & relaxing to around you guys. I'll give you guys a holler when the 1st movie is hit the THEATERS [RING OF THE FALLEN]. Director & Producer want to release it around HALLOWEEN.

CHUCK & PENNY: It was great seeing you guys & I'll head up to your place when I get a weeeknd off over in AZ. KAY wants to visit the BIG HOLE IN THE GROUND one of those weekends. You guys are special people.

DOUG & LINDA: It fantastic seeing you guys. According to the PRODUCER will might be filming a few days of RING OF THE FALLEN in LOST WAGES. I'll keep you abreast & we can do dinner & such. I know the plan is for us to hold the WRAP PARTY for RING OF THE FALLEN in VEGAS.

Alot people noticed & commented that I was actually wearing something that didn't have a food stain on it. I was kinda surpreised myself

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KERMIT1 View Post
    DOUG & LINDA: It fantastic seeing you guys. According to the PRODUCER will might be filming a few days of RING OF THE FALLEN in LOST WAGES. I'll keep you abreast & we can do dinner & such. I know the plan is for us to hold the WRAP PARTY for RING OF THE FALLEN in VEGAS.
    Steve, if you need any extras, I'm unemployed at the moment and could use a few extra bucks.
    Doug Rosier
    FFR #4737. IRS, Dual Roll Bars, 427w, TKO, Wilwood Brakes, Mass-Flo Fuel Injection, Bullit Wheels, a Bimini Top and Plenty of Fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This thread as far too many inside stories going on.
    1) Can someone replay the "Do you know who my father is" story
    2) Steve / Kermit1 - I've heard about your car, and you are in a lot of movies with some famous people by the sounds of it - so what's your story for those of us that don't know?!? There was a poll a while ago on the other forum about "who the most famous person on the forum was". Sounds like you should have been top of the list!

Post Thanks / Like
    DOUG Will keep you in mind when the time comes in VEGAS.

FEZZEK: Story is that I had KERMIT on display in CLAREMONT, CA as a favor for a friend. Near the end of the show & going up to get my award I came back & there was a 17-18 year old kid sitting on KERMIT's rear fender. I walked up & quietly asked him to get off the car. He springs off the car & in front of about 60 people yells at me at the top of his voice "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO MY DAD IS?" So I yelled back "HELL I DON'T. DIDN'T YOUR MOM EVER TELL YOU." So kid wandewred off into the sunset & no I never did find out who his dad was & I didn't care.
    As for movie work i have been in the industry for quite a few years. Have worked with JOHN WAYNE, ROBERT MITCHUM, CLINT EASTWOOD, & alot of others. Well after these years I am finally getting some good lead roles in several movies that am doing in the next year or so. Am actually heading to PHOENIX on the 15th of MAY to start filming RING OF THE FALLEN on the 16th.
    As for the forum I don't think I would qualify for that do to the fact I think only posted like 45 times in all the years of the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great story Steve! I laughed at reading it again.
    Doug Rosier

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to meet you finally Steve, have fun in AZ.
    ~~++~~
    FFR # 5519 Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/02roush

Post Thanks / Like
    NEMO: I Enjoyed meeting you also.