FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Huntington Beach April 25th SF bay area trip

Post Thanks / Like

Huntington Beach April 25th SF bay area trip

Meeting place for sf bay area & santa clara group

So the past 3 years we have met at The Flames Restaurant 7170 Santa Teresa Blvd, San Jose, CA .
    Senerio #1
    I have been talking with SJdave and we are thinking of leaving Thursday late afternoon. Last year we left and stayed over night in San Luis Obispo. Dave is thinking to drive as far as Carpinteria and stay the night. This is a 280mile trek from S. San Jose. and 4 1/2 hrs by google maps plus will need 1 gas stop along the way. Spend the night there then leave hwy 101 south and take Topanga Canyon to hwy 1 south to the 405

With this plan I'm suggesting leaving S. San Jose 4pm or as close to it as possible.

Senerio #2
    Leave S. San Jose 4-5 drive to Santa maria spend the night. Leave take Hwy 166 east to hwy 33 south drops us out north of Ventura then south 101 to 405.

Please chime in if you are planning on going and if you can leave with us or if you are gonna go down on friday. It is great to have a gang of cars. But then again 4-6 cars can go a lot quiker then a gang.

This is just a suggestion if anyone has any more ideas. Please chime in

freddie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    freddie,

Didn't see your thread until now. We are having a BBQ on Friday and a drive up to the top of Ortega Hwy to have Lunch on Sunday. I know it put's you into a Monday arrival assuming normal cruising travel-days or a long drive home Sunday but any part of the weekend you can add you will be more than welcome!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Count us in! Available to leave Thursday afternoon/evening.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is our plans for our trip to Huntington Beach. Anyone and everyone if welcome to join us.

We will be leaving Thursday the 23rd the day after my 50th BDAY.
    Departing from SJDaves house in Santa Clara in the afternoon. Departure time will depend on who is going with us and when they can get there. We will confirm this as we get closer to the departure day.

Day1 Route: Leaving Santa Clara vis Hwy17th south to Hwy 85 south to Hwy 101. Driving straight thru to Santa Maria. With 1 gas stop along the way. This will be roughly 3 1/2-4 hour drive, roughly 220 miles. We will be staying at the Quality Inn & Suites, 210 Nicholson Avenue, Santa Maria, CA 93454. (805) 922-5891.

Day2 Route: Leaving Quality Inn & Suites Hwy 101 north to Hwy 166 east to hwy 33 South About 65 miles lil over an hour. There is a gas station we will stop at in the town of New Cuyama. This is about 8-10 miles before the turn south on Hwy 33.
    Hwy 33 thru the mountains and should be some good twissties and a great drive I hope. alll the way over to Ojai for another stop for fuel and stretching of the legs. About 60 miles 1 hr 20min.
    From Ojai Hwy 33 south or west to Hwy 101 south towards Huntington Beach. Exact route will be determined then and how traffic is on which Hwy.

Please respond if you will be coming with us.
    weendoggy let us know if you can meet us at the hotel if you can or want.
    Embo let us know what time you can make it. If you want I work in Oakland and am gonna leave work about 12 or 1pm to head to sjdaves house you could meet me at the shop and we could drive down together.
    Clyde's Keeper let us know if you are good for Thursday departure
    CRZN 427let us know if you might meet us in santa maria for our 2nd day drive
    soaringDude let us know if you are gonna be passenger in one of the cars
    garyowens2 let us know if you are gonna be passenger in one of the cars

If there is anyone else I did not mention forgive me and chime in. Can't wait gonna be a good time.

Also to give people a heads up looking for something to do after the Saturday show think about going here costamesaspeedway.net and watch the bike on dirt. Their schedule is not up yet but will keep an eye on it.

Thanks Freddie