FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from California

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from California

Hi. My name is James and I am new to the forum world. I just turned 30 and my wife and I decided to build a 33 Hot rod, we are just a few months away from ordering are kit.

A little about my car life: My grandfather helped mold me into a car guy, starting by telling me stories of his high school days and his 1932 ford 3 window. At the age of 8 when we had our first build a 1923 ford t bucket (That he gave to me later in life), then on to his 1960 el camino. We had a blast building and going to car shows with them. My grandfather passed about 10 years ago and I have been itching to start a new build. something that I can give to my son that will bring things full circle, back to my grandfathers first car.

I have been looking over this forum and i'm super excited to get my build started, after seeing everything you guys have been doing. There is a lot of really good information here and thank you for sharing. I hope to post pics soon

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forum!

Where are you located? Maybe someone in your area has a '33...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schauby View Post
    Hi. My name is James and I am new to the forum world. I just turned 30 and my wife and I decided to build a 33 Hot rod, we are just a few months away from ordering are kit.
    Get a hold of Doug (68GT500MAN) here on the Forum. He's building a '33 near Shaw and Blackstone and would more than happy to show you the car as well as answer any of your questions.

Ray

PS: Welcome to the Forum and you are planning to come down the Huntington Beach show in April, right?
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Send me a PM and like RAY said, I would be glad to show you my build and answer any questions that you have. I second Ray's suggestion about attending the Huntington Beach show.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks,

Shaw and Blackstone is about 25 min from me. I will get a hold of you. It is great that FF guys are everywhere

And I do plan on going to the Huntington Beach going to the show. hope to see you there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you had a great grandfather.Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome!! Will hope to meet you at Huntington Beach!

Karen
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!