Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pics of the new FFR fuel tank and rear cockpit aluminum

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like

Pics of the new FFR fuel tank and rear cockpit aluminum

Here it is. The top of the tank is setup to re-use the OEM fuel pump and fuel pump bracket assembly (no modification required - just pull it from the donor and drop it into the new tank), and the same thing for the second OEM fuel level sensor (drops right in though you do have to cutoff the fuel tube that reaches down to the bottom of the tank because it's too long which also means you have to cap the outlet on the top of the sender).

Comes with 3 new rear cockpit aluminum panels and a new tunnel cover. Tunnel cover is not in these pics obviously. Gives a lot of additional legroom, unfortunately for me, the leg room isn't the issue - it's the fact that the top of my back seat hits the roll bar cross tube due to how far I have my seat angled back to get my head down lower. Moving the seat back would require decreasing the incline angle which will raise my head too high.

The passenger side aluminum opens up some potential to have the ECU and some other pieces inside the cabin instead of in there with the tank. That will allow for easier access. You'd have to make a little cover for it obviously, but I like the setup. Might even be able to fit an Accusump over there.

Thought you might enjoy seeing the new stuff:

Last edited by Hindsight; 04-08-2015 at 07:28 PM.