FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Front turn signal connector assembly trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Front turn signal connector assembly trouble

The connectors I had to assemble for the rear turn signal/reverse light went together just fine, but the front turn signal connectors don't seem to have the right pieces. The connector is gray and has yellow grommets. I crimped the terminals on just fine. But when I go to slip them into the connector, they seem much too long/large to fit. Unlike the rear connector, where the terminals slipped in and clicked into place, these don't even come close to snapping in.

Anyone else having this trouble?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Are you using this pin and connector?

818S Chassis #288 2.5L 323hp
    Ordered: 9/19/14 Received Kit: 11/2/14 First Start: 5/31/15 First Drive: 6/7/15 Registered: 3/10/2016 Completed: 2/10/2017
    joshuajach.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the connector I'm working on, but the pins that came in the package are the wrong style. Most of the ones I got are identical to the ones that went in the rear turn signal/reverse light connector.

In looking through the package, it appears that precisely one of my pins is the correct style. (Grumble, grumble)

Post Thanks / Like
    Really wishing this had been posted an hour earlier. Just got done with some head scratching on this as well. Into the bin of wiring I go.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Buzz - you beat me - I was 0 for 6. I only did 1 side last night, but was able to steal 3 pins for that side from the my big box o' wire diet without much trouble. Hopefully I find 3 more tonight when I do the other side. Inspection to be street legal on Wednesday morning for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Skyline View Post

Yep you only got one correct pin. I got 5 of the correct pins so I'm waiting for FFR to send me one more. My guess is someone in inventory must have mixed the two types of pins.
    Ordered: 9/19/14 Received Kit: 11/2/14 First Start: 5/31/15 First Drive: 6/7/15 Registered: 3/10/2016 Completed: 2/10/2017
    joshuajach.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, it never occurred to me to dig through my wire diet to find those pins. Are they pretty common in Subie wire harnesses? I'm kind of an impatient guy, so even though I wrote to FFR for more pins today I'd happily dig through old connectors if the odds are good that I might find replacements.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, the size appears to be pretty common from the subaru harness. only trick was to find ones with the locking tab in the right place so they would click in. I think I only had to check about 6 to find 3 that worked. Hopefully that wasn't just a moment of luck when I get back to it tonight to finish up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, as people have said the square ones are the correct ones. In the 26 we've done so far, I've gotten all sorts of combinations. Lately it's been 50/50 of right and wrong. Luckily some of the early kits had 2 sets of the correct ones and I was able to stash them away when inevitably the wrong ones are sent in the kit I'm currently working on.

On a side note, does anyone know why FF has been sending 2 sets of these plugs?
    Last edited by iWire; 05-04-2015 at 03:29 PM.
    When we say to our customers "if there is anything you need, please ask," we mean it.
    iWire Subaru Wiring Services
    Over 100 Custom 818 Wiring Harnesses Built
    http://www.iwireservices.com/factory...18-wiring-kits
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iWire View Post
    On a side note, does anyone know why FF has been sending 2 sets of these plugs?
    I asked their tech about it since I got 4 connectors and only needed 2, he said it was a mistake. Could be they were mistaken for high beam connectors since I was missing those as well.
    joshuajach.com