Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Whats it worth? Help put a value on this...

Post Thanks / Like

Whats it worth? Help put a value on this...

Hey guys I am new here. I dont know alot about these cars but I know I like them! I am here to learn about them and maybe meet some local friends who have them also.

I am interested in this cobra. The guy was asking $36K he lowered the price to $31K. I guess I am looking for honest opinions on what the car is worth. I am looking to drive it for a few years then prob sell it and maybe build one myself at that time. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Original ad is in Boston MA on craigslist.

It has 6000 miles. It's powered by a Ford crate SVT cobra 5.0 engine. It has a Lincoln rear end. I've got books and pics of the build. It's BMW dolphin grey wt white stripes. Just installed a flaming River steering g set up. Not a cooki cutter FFR cobra. Many upgrades but not limited to twice as many pop rivits in the chassis to make it stronger and stiffer. It hauls some serious ***. I bought off a gentleman who built after his first FFR build and did everything better. Has a one off radiator,,never I mean never runs hot.

00404_9VLlVVUXEoj_600x450.jpg00X0X_gJ1h97iH5RD_600x450.jpg00v0v_97QgG9SWhRC_600x450.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    In your first paragraphs you say your interested in this car and in the last you say you bought it?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that he is quoting the advertisement on craiglist
    FFR MkIV 8419 - Right Hand Drive
    427W with Inglese 8 Stack injection - 560hp
    TKO600 5 Speed, 8.8 Detroit Trutrak LSD IRS
    VPM Adjustable Sway Bars
    Vintage Wheels 17" Pin Drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to put a value on a car from just a couple of pictures. I could do a pre purchase inspection for you and give you a better idea of its value. Regardless, you cannot build one for that price.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    You are talking about this one

https://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/cto/5003202643.html

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    To me, if it is mechanically sound, and the build quality is good, that price sounds about right. In the end, it's worth whatever anyone is willing to pay for it. You have to remember, the parts and paint job exceed that, so with your own labor, you might be able to duplicate it for the same, ant it will take you a year or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I was quoting the original ad. Mike how much do you get to do a pre purchase inspection I may be interested in taking you up on that. I am going to see the car sat. I will take more pics and such to post. Anything in particular I should look for on the car besides the obvious mechanical condition and the body and such. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    What the other have said above is good advice. Two comments about his ad: "Twice as many rivets" does NOT make a stronger and stiffer car! Second, in my opinion, there are no "cookie cutter FFR's" as every build is an expression of the builder and their talents. I personally have looked at hundreds of roadsters over the years and can spot differences in almost all of them.
    Doug
    Built FFR5196 MKII in 2003, 427w
    Building FFR0058HR, Edlebrock 347-AOD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmrules View Post
    Yes I was quoting the original ad. Mike how much do you get to do a pre purchase inspection I may be interested in taking you up on that. I am going to see the car sat. I will take more pics and such to post. Anything in particular I should look for on the car besides the obvious mechanical condition and the body and such. Thanks
    Mike would be a great choice to inspect the car for you, as the description is a bit on the vague side to form any opinions as to price, or quality of parts used.

Bill S.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    The car was nice. No leaks. Paint and body lines were very good. Some very very minor imperfections in paint prep and a nick or scuff nothing major from normal use. It has 5100 miles on it. Ran and drove nice. Poly bushings made a squeak or 2 on bumps no rattles. All in all it was a very clean car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Worth that all day
    818S frame #13 Jdm version 8 ej207

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metalmaker12 View Post
    Worth that all day
    If it all checks out with a quality PPI (pre-purchase inspection) it's worth the asking price.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA