Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  38

Thread: EdwardBs Mk4 #8674 20th Anniversary Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lizard Skin Insulation Completed (continued)

I used the Lizard Skin undercoat gun as before. It works pretty well with the settings I describe in the detailed thread. But the stuff does sling everywhere. You cannot have too many drop cloths. As the Lizard Skin write-up describes, the sound insulation (SC) product is sprayed first. Here I did two coats in the trunk and cockpit. I got a little heavy handed trying to make sure I had plenty in the footboxes and managed to get it too thick and it started sagging and running. Took a little post spray clean-up and touch-up. Turned out OK, but not my finest hour… Then the next day I sprayed two coats of the ceramic heat insulation (CI) only in the cockpit. I tried to make sure especially the footboxes got a full heavy coats, and this time without making a mess. Worked out OK. Just like in the last builds, used pretty much all of the 2-gallon pail of each product. This is how it looks now:

I put the e-brake handle back in for hopefully the last time. Also installed the DBW assembly (accelerator) and brake and clutch pedals. These are the AC pedals from Forte that bolt directly onto the Wilwood pedal arms. They look good plus are a bit narrower than the Wilwood pedals. It’s hard to judge from this picture, but there’s 1-1/2 inches from the RH side of the accelerator pedal to the footbox wall. Then 2 inches from the LH side of the accelerator pedal to the brake pedal. I’m very happy with this spacing, and very similar to my previous SBF builds. It is possible to have decent pedal space with a Coyote. Thanks again to 2bking for his outstanding footbox mod design.

Now I’m full on into electrical wiring, including the dash and installing the RF harness. Plus I'm taking #7750 out of storage next week and will get it ready for another great driving season.
    Last edited by edwardb; 04-01-2016 at 11:07 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.