Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  38

Thread: EdwardBs Mk4 #8674 20th Anniversary Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesshoults View Post
    Of all of the tasks required to complete the car, wiring is the part I look forward to the least. It looks like a tremendous amount of work.
    Wiring is routinely cited as the most difficult part of the build by many builders. Take it a step at a time. There are options for outside help if you really want it.

I looked through the tread and couldn't find it. What part number oil pan did you use?
    I used the Moroso 20570 with Moroso 24570 pickup. Remove the stock pan and pickup, bolt these on with the stock bolts and leave the stock gasket and windage tray in place. Pretty easy. I believe Canton also has one, but don't know any details.

For my own project, I have no intention of using the plastic 5.0 cover that sits on top of the engine. I like the exposed look better. How much clearance do you have between the top of the engine and the bottom of the hood?
    I hear you. Without the cover a lot of hoses and wires are left exposed. So that's kind of a trade-off. I'm customizing mine a bit, it's going to look slightly different than stock. Just saw it in process yesterday at the paint shop. I'm also dressing things up a bit with shiny coil covers vs. the plain plastic ones. Obviously your choice though.
    Last edited by edwardb; 01-13-2017 at 02:37 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.