Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  38

Thread: EdwardBs Mk4 #8674 20th Anniversary Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    First, very very nice job on #8674. As others have said, you set the bar for craftsmanship on these kits. You do considerable research behind the scenes to figure out the best options and methods and it shows in your completed product. OCD is some of it but attention to detail wins out in the end.

As far as weight on these, mine came in at 2380 on the certified scales with less than a half tank of gas and no roll bars or left/right mirrors. The only options I have that you don't (I think) are AC and ABS. I'm thinking these don't add up to 100 pounds so I would be surprised if the 2200 pound car is real with the sound/heat additives and carpet throughout. But then maybe my flip front has more weight in it than I think.
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bking View Post
    ... I would be surprised if the 2200 pound car is real with the sound/heat additives and carpet throughout. But then maybe my flip front has more weight in it than I think.
    Point of reference...my 3 link roadster with a fuel injected aluminum headed small block, Power steering & brakes, insulated and carpeted came in at 2180 with a full tank of gas and my bag of tools (20# + or -) in the trunk.

Jeff