FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How About A Clubhouse?

Post Thanks / Like

How About A Clubhouse?

I'd never joined on the other spot, although was close to just to BS and kick in a couple hundred for the cause. Now my thought is...Let's have one over here! Anyone else?

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    i think we should call it the tree-house
    so we can look down and have the high ground
    Mk 3.1 #6945

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB SCHAEFER View Post
    I'd never joined on the other spot, although was close to just to BS and kick in a couple hundred for the cause. Now my thought is...Let's have one over here! Anyone else?

Bob
    Bob,

I posted this elsewhere,but the thought of a clubhouse on a company owned and operated forum would be extremely counter productive to the family atmosphere of this new forum.

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
    Bob,

I posted this elsewhere,but the thought of a clubhouse on a company owned and operated forum would be extremely counter productive to the family atmosphere of this new forum.

Bill S.

There is a middle ground. Could have a member's area but with some restrictions on profanity, nudity and/or pre-defined inappropriate topics. Not perfect but still would give us more freedom to speak out on some issues.

Kerry P

Helicopter Wrench-Bender ChopperJustin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Reading that makes me GLAD I never joined the "other" clubhouse. sheesh!
    "Gravity, It's The Law"

Post Thanks / Like
    It is pretty obvious that you knew what to expect before you opened the threads in different areas. It is easy to just view the threads that had to do with the forum, politics, etc. and avoid other topics if you did not want to see them. Certain situations arose from time to time that were dealt with behind the scenes by the mods and the clubhouse membership. The clubhouse membership does have a bigger voice concerning issues that arise, new policies, how the site was run, etc. than non paying members but the final say fell on the mods and the owner. I think a "clubhouse" has it's place but I am unsure how one would implement something like that here, as new as the site is. I also agree with Bill that being a company owned site, the clubhouse would have to abstain from the non family oriented stuff and concern itself with the future of this forum.
    Aaron

Holley 650 DP / Performer RPM Intake / Twisted Wedge Heads / 347 ci / TKO500 / 3.73 rear gears

Soon to be FFR builder Kc_Shane's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB SCHAEFER View Post

Bob
    We have one it's call FFCARS.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My vote is to have a clubhouse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Clubhouse, we don't need no stinkin clubhouse!!!!
    MKIII
    300 RWHP and Torque
    Crate 302, GT40 Heads, Quick Fuel Carb,TKO500
    Finally done. I think I will call her Black Betty

Post Thanks / Like
    Well a clubhouse is traditionally an area which is for members only so the Google (And other) bots can't get in and it could be set up to only allow those with a minimum number of posts to enter. That gets rid of the single join to post spam.

As far as content goes, I've heard complaints about not safe for work or family, but it seems very simple. If you're at work; have family around; are offended by whatever may be there or are just sensitive, you just don't enter.

My experience is that some very interesting conversations can be had in a relatively free environment. Since I am often wrong, I find many conversations which stir emotion end up being enlightening.

So how about a closed forum with a 50 post minimum for entry and an advisement that you are in a non-sensitive area?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think .....if anything is done as far as a club / "tree house".. good name by the way!
    We would first need to get a feel for the forum AND larger membership first

Post Thanks / Like
    I got to think about this. The clubhouse could work but for current FFR owners.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Why have the clubhouse here? Why not set it up as a member-sponspored thing and leave this forum out of it? That way it could be totally unrestricted but not affect FFR or this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Why have the clubhouse here? Why not set it up as a member-sponspored thing and leave this forum out of it? That way it could be totally unrestricted but not affect FFR or this forum.
    Not quite seeing your point here. A member sponsored thing how? Where? Just curious how a closed section would affect FFR?

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have me as a member!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not use the perfectly good CH where it is. I think this place would be better without the hassle of a restricted area when we have one in place elsewhere. Keep the family approach here.

JMHO, I'm in the CH all the time and learn much from being there (polytics). It has a place but seems counter to the mission statement here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide motorsport View Post
    And that there makes you clubhouse material.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffav View Post
    Why not use the perfectly good CH where it is. I think this place would be better without the hassle of a restricted area when we have one in place elsewhere. Keep the family approach here.

JMHO, I'm in the CH all the time and learn much from being there (polytics). It has a place but seems counter to the mission statement here.
    You state the CH is a great place and you use it all the time. There are those who are not members of that clubhouse for various reasons and would like one here.

quote riptide motorsport

LMAO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc_Shane View Post
    I got to think about this. The clubhouse could work but for current FFR owners.

HHHmmmmmmmm, now doesn't that sound a bit elitist.....Frankly, that is not what this forum was started......

Bill S.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    No thank you. How about a toasted BLT?

Sean
    MK 3.5 roadster (MK IV body retrofit to MK III chassis) 396W stroker, 4 bbl mass air EFI, QH (self-tuned), AFR 195CC Renegade, XE274HR, GP 4-1-4 SS headers, 3link, 3.73, 15" Halibrand replicas, SAI mod, bumpers, 2 X roll bars, I² electronics, PS, hydroboosted brakes: 95 GT front, custom MK VIII calipers/Cobra discs rear, FFR front, Levy rear LCA's, Forte front, VPM rear bars, CF dash, mod comp layout w/Auto Meter Ultra-Lites, Lucas tri-bar headlights, coupe taillights, painted by SRP (again!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I vote against a clubhouse

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A clubhouse: Just one idea of many...

The idea of a clubhouse presents lots of issues that must be discussed at length. What would be the criteria to join? (It doesn't need to be just about an entrance fee.) What would be the allowed content, etc., etc., etc..

I think it's a topic worth discussing, but with us still "spinning up" the site, it's a topic that doesn't fit in the short range planning. There's just too much stuff to do right now to concentrate on a discussion of a clubhouse. I don't think the mods - or Dave Smith for that matter - want to dismiss the idea of a clubhouse, in some form. But at the same time, I think it needs to be tabled, for now. Perhaps we can discuss it later in the year, or when all the "stuff" related to setting up this first phase of the forum is accomplished. We do have some other cool ideas that haven't been brought to the open yet... All of which is going into a enhancement timeline. A clubhouse is just one enhancement of several being discussed. I think you guys will like some of the cool stuff we have planned.

Stay tuned...

My .02,

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I never joined the clubhouse on FFCars.com. I wouldn't pay to join a clubhouse here. If its free to join then thats ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    The idea of a clubhouse presents lots of issues that must be discussed at length. What would be the criteria to join? (It doesn't need to be just about an entrance fee.) What would be the allowed content, etc., etc., etc..

I think it's a topic worth discussing, but with us still "spinning up" the site, it's a topic that doesn't fit in the short range planning. There's just too much stuff to do right now to concentrate on a discussion of a clubhouse. I don't think the mods - or Dave Smith for that matter - want to dismiss the idea of a clubhouse, in some form. But at the same time, I think it needs to be tabled, for now. Perhaps we can discuss it later in the year, or when all the "stuff" related to setting up this first phase of the forum is accomplished. We do have some other cool ideas that haven't been brought to the open yet... All of which is going into a enhancement timeline. A clubhouse is just one enhancement of several being discussed. I think you guys will like some of the cool stuff we have planned.

Stay tuned...

My .02,

Fair enough. Sounds like there's some good stuff to come.

Post Thanks / Like
    The bottom line is that Dave can not have any company sponsored media that does not promote the values of his company. It doesn't matter whether it is restricted or not. FFR will be judged by the lowest common denominator. Fact of business. I love the clubhouse on the other forum, but I just don't see how it could work here and be any different from the current areas available on this forum. What he could do is to have a forum on this site for FFR owners only. Positioned and administrated properly, it could be a real asset, but it could never have some of the threads posted in the CH on the other forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide motorsport View Post
    Good One
    2X here

I like a" video area" of our cars and events ,racing & autoX-maybe screw ups during builds,tips ,tricks (not that kind) our dogs !
    Everyone has video phones and cameras - sometimes a picture just doesn't help and with video cameras getting cheaper (and Go Pro) well....
    Last edited by THE ITALIAN; 02-22-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Reid View Post
    The bottom line is that Dave can not have any company sponsored media that does not promote the values of his company. It doesn't matter whether it is restricted or not. FFR will be judged by the lowest common denominator. Fact of business. I love the clubhouse on the other forum, but I just don't see how it could work here and be any different from the current areas available on this forum. What he could do is to have a forum on this site for FFR owners only. Positioned and administrated properly, it could be a real asset, but it could never have some of the threads posted in the CH on the other forum.
    X2 what Mark said.

Post Thanks / Like
    X3 on what Mark said, and now that Mr. Hodgkins has told us about all this great stuff in the works, I want to see what they have cooking.
    MKIII #3835 IRS, Anderson Performance 408 Levy T-5 Trans, Team III Wheels
    Paint completed November 2010, passed NJ State Safety Inspection June 21st, Tagged and First Drive 7/1/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    X4. I don't think we need any private area. Anything that should and can be discussed should be out in the open. This is a company website and should keep the standards that Factory Five has stated. Family.
    Type 65 Coupe Builder / Coupe Parts Vendor

Websites:
    myCoupe Build
    F5Registry

Post Thanks / Like
    HHHmmmmmmmm, now doesn't that sound a bit elitist.....Frankly, that is not what this forum was started......

Bill S.
    It's not about being elitist. It's about bring a owner and have a single place where they can BS without the none owners chiming in on the chat.

I am don't own a FFR yet and I see no issue with this.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

It's not about being elitist. It's about bring a owner and have a single place where they can BS without the none owners chiming in on the chat.

What about past owners of FFR's? What about owners of FFR products that are not roadster oriented? What about vendors? By the time you are done with no exclusions, 80% of the people on the forum are already included, so again, why offer a clubhouse in the first place?

As stated before,for FFR to offer a clubhouse on a FFR owned site, it would not only cause headaches, but it would bring FFR's site down a notch with items too hot to handle and still be deemed socially acceptable (case in point would be the original clubhouse on ffcars) for all readers to view. Keeping the current open forums policy is a benefit not only to current FFR owners, but to future FFR owners and non owners alike. I currently do not own an FFR (Dave had his chance ), but most likely will (again) in my future, yet I do offer sound, on topic advice when I can and ask for nothing in return. Working on becoming a vendor (paint booth rentals) so that I can give back where I can to the FFR (and non FFR) community as a whole.

Bill S.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    We have one it's call FFCARS.com
    What about past owners of FFR's? What about owners of FFR products that are not roadster oriented? What about vendors? By the time you are done with no exclusions, 80% of the people on the forum are already included, so again, why offer a clubhouse in the first place?

As stated before,for FFR to offer a clubhouse on a FFR owned site, it would not only cause headaches, but it would bring FFR's site down a notch with items too hot to handle and still be deemed socially acceptable (case in point would be the original clubhouse on ffcars) for all readers to view. Keeping the current open forums policy is a benefit not only to current FFR owners, but to future FFR owners and non owners alike. I currently do not own an FFR (Dave had his chance ), but most likely will (again) in my future, yet I do offer sound, on topic advice when I can and ask for nothing in return. Working on becoming a vendor (paint booth rentals) so that I can give back where I can to the FFR (and non FFR) community as a whole.

Bill S.
    Bill you make vaild points. I would rather not have one. I retract my second and third post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Okay, so don't call it elitist. Call it exclusionary. It still walks like a duck.
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it".

Mark Twain

Yes, I built this replica South Dakobra's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    As mentioned, anything posted on this site anywhere reflects upon FactoryFive and it's persona. So that makes a Clubhouse and privacy off on that standard.

Another standard to overcome would be Clubhouse Satus and creating a hiarchy.

Another standard that arrises is the clique mentality which hurts the overall community.

My vote would be Nay on the Clubhouse.
    FFR5109 purchased in 2004, on the road since 2007.

Post Thanks / Like
    I vote Nay also, if we can't talk about it openly, why bother.
    10 years after my roadster build....
    289 FIA (pickup 28/08/20 if covid permits)
    currently building a 289 and accumulating parts needed to finish a Canadian Kit.