Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wilwood Pedal Mods for Tall Drivers

Post Thanks / Like

Wilwood Pedal Mods for Tall Drivers

I'd like to modify my Wilwood pedals for max leg room. I have the FFR supplied Wilwood pedals and the Forte hydraulic clutch kit which also comes with a Wilwood master cylinder. Wilwood tech support offers no suggestions. Is there a thread on this already? Any suggestions?

-Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Steve,

I cut the last 1/2" off the thread protruding from the master cylinders (the part that threads into the pedal) and screw the plunger all the way into the pedal turnbuckle and that adds ~2 inches of additional leg room.

I'm looking for a pic...

EDIT: found one...

You will see that I completely removed the capture nut but with the MKIV setup - which is slightly different than this Forte's supplied MKIII pedal bracket - you can leave a nut on there to snug up to the pedal turnbuckle.

HTH,

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I had trimmed the threaded rods 1/2" but had not screwed them in all the way. That's perfect. I'll do the same when I install the clutch master cylinder. Hydraulic clutch was a late addition to the build sheet. Just arrived yesterday.