FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can someone offer some clarification on the FFR accelerator pedal installation?

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone offer some clarification on the FFR accelerator pedal installation?

I attempted to install the accelerator pedal and throttle cable today. The instructions for this portion are very vague. Apparently I need to remove the cable from the sheath and thread on the lock nut. Then assemble into the firewall. This seems simple enough.. I have the pedal installed as well, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to attach the cable to the pedal. I know it's not just the cable through one of the holes in the pedal!! I have the small stud type attachment but there is no mention of what to do with it. I assume it's for the connection to the carb. If someone has a few pictures or is good with explaining, I would appreciate some help.

Thanks

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1. Remove the cable from the sheath.
    You may need to cut off one of the metal cable stops.
    Don't cut both metal stops, only one.

2. Install the cable sheath to/through the firewall by attaching the nuts on either side.
    You may want to add a stainless shoulder washer on either side to give it a finished look.
    3. Clock the pedal assembly to get the accelerator pedal and throttle arm in an acceptable orientation.
    4. When clocking the assembly, loosen the Alan Head Bolt and adjust so that the cable pull so that it is at 12 O'Clock with the pedal at or around 4 O'Clock.
    5. Install the pedal to the chassis.
    6. Reinstall the cable through the hole in the top of the accelerator arm, then through the sheath that you installed in the firewall.
    7. The attached end with the metal stop on the end is what allows the cable to be pulled back as you depress the pedal.
    8. The other end needs to have the attachment piece added for your carb or throttle body assembly.
    9. Hope This Help!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-02-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok.. that's how I have it.. thanks. I just figured something more than the cable with a ball (looks like a small fishing weight) on the end would attach to the pedal!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lokar makes a nice little clevis for their cables/pedals that you could use if you want a bit more sophisticated solution. I have an RT setup in the Cobra but use the Lokar pedal and cable in the Hot Rod. It works well. Scott

http://www.cjponyparts.com/lokar-acc...ersal/p/ACC35/