Quote Originally Posted by SJDave View Post

I also went the lowback Kirkey Classic route after getting tired of sitting so high in the car. The 18" seats do fit, but you need to open up a slot on the door side to clear the frame tubing in front of the rear tire, if you want to use the full depth. Mine are mounted on Sparco sliders and I have to move up around 3" now get comfortable.

I fabbed some Nylon spacers that bolt to the bottom of the seat and attach to the sliders. If you want to go with sliders and want my bracket design, send me a PM.

Kirkey mounts.JPG
A couple more thoughts.

Again, I used the series 55 seats, I think a 16" driver's side + 17" passenger.

The spacer pictured in the quote looks very similar to what I needed to get the front of the seat high enough (and seat back reclined) - I built mine out of aluminum (2 per seat) - the back of the seat could pretty much sit on the floor - I am well below (5+ inches below) the stock roll bar height at 5'8".

I mounted the series 55 seats slightly diagonally (pointing toward outboard front wheel, away from bellhousing) and also probably 1/2" to 3/4" top of seat toward inboard (outside edge of seat higher - to get away from the doors).