Thanks Thanks:  114
Likes Likes:  679
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 961 to 1,000 of 1015

Thread: Star Mobile 1 Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Bringing this back. Keep voting
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

2. Thanks JOP33 thanked for this post
    Likes JOP33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to ALL that have voted & continue to vote...I know that those with no direct benefit from this, might become a bit annoyed or irritated by the constant soliciting of votes, but I am hopeful that you all will remain patient and tolerant until the end of the month - THANKS again!

Jamie
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Voted
    33 Hot Rod with Deluxe Grill (32) Hood & sides, Bike Fenders, Hard Top, AC, Power Windows, Electric Power Steering, 306 Ford Small Block - roller cam, aluminum heads, Eldenbrock intake & carb, T5, Moser 3 link, Arrived 5/6/20.

5. Thanks JOP33 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again to ALL of you that continue to vote daily! I know this is probably pushing the envelope on manys patience & tolerance levels - ones that I might add may already be at their limit given the last year. We are just under two weeks left on voting, so at least one of your daily annoyances will go away! Until then, I hope you keep voting!

Thanks,
    JOP33
    Jamie
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

7. Likes FF33rod liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Jamie,
    Please post another copy of the link so those of us too lazy to bookmark it don't have to go back to the earlier page to find it every day.
    Thanks,
    Keith HR #894

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by progmgr1 View Post
    Jamie,
    Please post another copy of the link so those of us too lazy to bookmark it don't have to go back to the earlier page to find it every day.
    Thanks,
    Keith HR #894
    https://www.fordhalloffans.com/football

Post Thanks / Like
    Vote reminder
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

11. Thanks JOP33 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Straversi View Post
    Vote reminder
    Yessir! Last week of voting coming up, need a big push! Thank to you all!

http://www.fordhalloffans.com

13. Likes RoadRacer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was a tough decision, Kristi Brown is pretty cute, but in the end you got my vote Jamie.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.

15. Likes RoadRacer, FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    It was a tough decision, Kristi Brown is pretty cute, but in the end you got my vote Jamie.
    That's much appreciated! I mentioned on the 33 Builders Group on FB...I use to look like an Underwear Model before my 33 build!

Post Thanks / Like
    Last week of voting ALL! Thanks for your votes, patience & tolerance!

https://www.fordhalloffans.com/football

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok ALL...less than 72 hours until voting for the 2021 Ford Hall of Fans closes! Please cast your votes DAILY until February 1st @ 11:59pm! Than you ALL so much for your patience & tolerance - it's almost over!

https://www.fordhalloffans.com/footb...aign=PFHOF2020

Post Thanks / Like
    Voting update ALL...Did not make it to the final three, but still had a blast! Appreciate all here that supported me! Now back to Rodding for a while!

Thanks

Jamie

20. Likes peterh226, e36m3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm gonna say here again what I said on your personal Facebook page because I think it resonates with the readers of this forum:

"If the general population only knew of the dedication it takes to build your own car and then turn it into a rolling billboard for your favourite sports team you would have won hands down!"

22. Thanks JOP33 thanked for this post
    Likes FF33rod, JOP33, e36m3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right at 8000 miles as of today. Car goes up on the lift this weekend just for some routine checks & maintenance before Autorama next week (if weather cooperates)...
    - Inspect steering connections for tightness & interference
    - Inspect all suspension joints & connections for tightness
    - Inspect engine mounts & transmission mounts
    - Inspect all heat shielding, wire & hose routing for cracking, constriction or chaffing
    - Remove all wheels to inspect for rubbing within the fenders
    - Inspect all brake connections for drips or slow leaks
    - Inspect all fluid levels
    - Clean & Inspect all under chassis rails & components - including welds for cracks or paint break
    - Inspect all hoses for tightness, interference, rubbing or constrictions

24. Likes HVACMAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prepping for the big GoodGuys Show in FTW this weekend...looks as though it may be the Lone Star Car Wash again! I have tried to make it to this show the last four times to no avail! The first time, the car wasn't completed in time, the next was torrential thunderstorms all weekend, the third was COVID & the verdict is still out for this weekend!

I may or may not have mentioned this earlier, but I had begun noticing some issues with my door pops not working - sporadically. It became increasingly noticeable on the passenger side & has only happened once or twice on the DS. I also noticed issues in the power windows working as well as the door safety pins - all connected through Carolina Custom wireless contacts below the door just above the Rocker Panels...InkedIMG_7642_LI.jpg

With the issues being consistent between ALL the power windows, safety pin & pops - I began chasing down a connection issue. I spent about a day verifying that all connections to the plate on the body were continuous & good, as well as the connections from the pins to respective solenoids or power units in the door - no issues there.

I also began to notice a bit of what appeared to be sag in the door...InkedIMG_0386_LI.jpg

Moreso on the PS than the DS which was consistent with where I was seeing the majority of the issues with the pops, pins, etc.. I then checked the door for movement. I was extremely surprised to see that I could lift up on the front of the door & generate some lift. The hinges attach to the chassis through the use of machined shoulder bolts & in my case I opted for Delrin Bushings instead of the FFR supplied Brass Bushings - mainly due to squeaking that some were reporting. I spent this last weekend taking the PS Door hinge connection apart & to my surprise the Delrin Bushings had already began to wear. I have since replaced with a Brass Bushing similar to the one FFR had originally supplied. Probably a good time to interject that Kory at the time of installing the doors warned me against using the Delrin vs the Brass - just thought I should share for full disclosure. The brass bushings did eliminate the up/down movement in the door, but didn't really help with the connection issues I was having.

Important for me to note here that ALL other hardware points of attachment within the hinge assembly on the chassis & in the door itself were completely tight with no movement found.

I then began flexing the body at the Rocker in front of the rear wheels & noticed that I could flex it out about 3/16" - 1/4" from its resting position. Just out of curiosity, I grabbed the door pop fob & crawled back to the floor to flex the body once again. With just a slight tug & hold & a push of a button on the fob the door popped just like the day it came home! The quick fix was that I just shimmed between the lower chassis tube & the body just a bit to force it out - it, along with the window & safety pin have now worked consistently for the last few days. I am working on a long-term fix for this & will share when & if I come up with it - right now I am leaning toward an adjustable rubber bumper on the chassis. It may be that the body mounts just need a bit of tweaking, but I ran out of time to delve into that this last weekend. It appears to me, that although there was some definite sag in the doors (& still is on one side as I only worked the PS this weekend) I am seeing some results of a full fiberglass body with a few miles on it. The alignment variation at the door, seems to be less about the door & more about the entire body around it.

Just a pic of the shoulder bolt with the brass bushings...IMG_0525.jpg

In closing, I don't want to chase everyone off completely from the Delrin Bushing, but at least in my instance they seemed to not hold up well.
    Last edited by JOP33; 03-10-2021 at 08:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jamie - Thanks for the heads up about the Delrin bushings! I bought a set from Tim Whittaker but may not use them based on your post, since I'm planning to use my '33 as a daily driver. I'll be interested to see your approach to the long term body shape changes that you and others are experiencing.
    Thanks, Keith HR #894

27. Likes JOP33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

delrin bushings

Quote Originally Posted by progmgr1 View Post
    Hey Jamie - Thanks for the heads up about the Delrin bushings! I bought a set from Tim Whittaker but may not use them based on your post, since I'm planning to use my '33 as a daily driver. I'll be interested to see your approach to the long term body shape changes that you and others are experiencing.
    Thanks, Keith HR #894
    Hi Jamie, I noticed the same play issue when I replaced the bronze bushings in the pass door with the delrin but had left the drivers door for later bushing replacement. After a while there was more play in the door that had the delrin bushings.

29. Thanks JOP33 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Guys Show in Fort Worth this last weekend actually turned out to be a great weekend! Just some light sprinkles Friday & Saturday, but Sunday was perfect! Factory Five made a pretty good showing that day as Larry Chappell, myself & another builder with the Type 65 Coupe was out there. Dave Smith's ears should have been burning ALL day...as Larry & I talked to MANY people about our builds & Factory Five! Met a gentleman, Randy, from Athens, Texas who had shelved his build for a year or so to work on his wife's truck & he left completely inspired to get back on his '33 and finish it! It's going to shows like that and having those types of discussions that make for such enjoyable weekends! Close to 2000 vehicles out at the show!

Also had the chance to see a few vehicles you don't typically see...

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

31. Likes Straversi, AJT '33, peterh226, JimLev liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been sometime since I have posted anything of significance here, so I will try and update a bit in a few post.

I had been experiencing some slide in the front when applying my brakes. Under normal driving conditions, this hadn't been an issue, but if I approached a stop sign (or light) that the least bit of gravel at it, in some cases the car would slide. When I was positioning the car inside the hall for Autorama this year (polished concrete), I was having to drive in low & use my E-Brake to help come to a complete stop. Finally, I did a small show a couple months back & as I was leaving (coming off gravel parking) I almost couldn't get the car to stop as it approached a curb! I decided on the drive home from that show that it was going up on the rack I was going to figure out what was going on! The short of it was I believe I had a bad front MC (or at least a seal)...it was allowing the pressure to build for application, but not releasing - or at least releasing extremely slow. I am almost certain I could have rebuilt the MC, but I just opted to purchase a new one from Summit & install it. After finally getting the set-up dialed in a bit, I am pretty happy with the brakes again & so far no sliding. I did take this time to go ahead and install a Remote Bias Bar Adjustment Knob. I don't know how often I will use this, but it was relatively inexpensive & mounted right under the dash. It allows me to give more or less bias at a quick turn of the knob - I would definitely recommend installing one!

Front Master Cylinder...
    Front Master Cylinder.JPG

New Master Cylinder with Remote adjuster attached to threaded rod on the right...
    New Set-Up with Remote Adjuster.JPG

Better shot of the attachment...
    Remote Adjuster Attachment.JPG

Remote Adjustment Knob mounted on the Pedal Box (pic shot from floorboard up)...
    Remote Knob Mounted on Pedal Box.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    After missing one of the closest Car Shows that I will ever have an opportunity to go to, due to my Brake rebuild, I was suppose to hit a local show in Bridgeport, Texas about 40 minutes north of me. I had done this show last year as one of my first and it was a great show. About 150 cars last year. At the last minute on a Friday, another opportunity presented itself. On Saturday, at a Mall in Denton, Texas about 45 minutes away from and scheduled for the same time as the show, Former Dallas Cowboy Defensive Ends, Ed "Too Tall" Jones & Tony Tolbert were going to be on locations signing autographs. I called the shop owner within the mall just to ask him the logistics of even getting them to the car to sign it & if he thought they would. He said that if I parked in the Mall parking lot, he could text me to pull up as each of them were scheduled to leave & was almost certain they would sign the dash! I also told him I would send pics of the car so he would better understand what I was talking about. So on Saturday afternoon around 11 am, I headed to Denton - they were scheduled at different times from 1 - 3pm & I didn't know how many people would show.
    Once I got to the Mall, I parked outside of a Ross Department store & walked all the way through it to the store front, where I found the Owner. I told him where I had parked & he immediately said "Did Security not stop you"? I said no, should they have? He said "Oh yes, I got the pics of the car yesterday you sent, they want you to pull the car into the Mall in front of the store right here - my wife has gone to get mats for the tires & a pan to catch oil (the Malls only requirements apparently)". I laughed, & said ok. Needless to say, 45 minutes later, I had the car parked inside of Golden Triangle Mall in Denton, Texas basically @ a one car Car Show with Ed Jones & Tony Tolbert scheduled to begin signing autographs in less than 15 minutes! Crazy! Just to finalize, both Players were great participants & a blast to hang around with - & both signed the dash! You can't really hear it in the video, but when Jones finishes signing, he says "Tell Randy I signed above his signature - he'll know why"!
    The next day, I did make it to a small Church show to show off the new signatures & did take some hardware home! Great & unexpected weekend!

Mom, I'll be at the Mall...
    IMG_0861.jpg

Mall Central.jpg

Too Tall...
    Jones - 1.jpg

Jones - 2.jpg

Jones - 2.5.jpg

Jones - 3.jpg

Jones - 4.jpg

https://youtu.be/fO1FuiGyW-I

Tony Tolbert...
    Tony.jpg

https://youtu.be/iChSGuYNipM

Dash Update: Randy, Too Tall & Tony...
    Dash Update.jpg

Class Winner on Sunday...
    Class Winner.jpg

34. Likes FF33rod, JimLev, RoadRacer, wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    After a slight rain delay this last weekend, I was able to make the drive out to the Star in Frisco, for the 11th Annual Shelby Cobra Car Show at The Star. For those that don't know, the Star is the Headquarters & Training Facility to the Dallas Cowboys. Great show once I made it out & got to meet many great folks & fans! I also took the opportunity to have Aaron Shelby, the Grandson of Carroll Shelby, sign the Air Cleaner Cover on the car.

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

36. Likes FF33rod, j33ptj liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great given the miles you're racking up!
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

38. Thanks JOP33 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRacer View Post
    Looks great given the miles you're racking up!
    Yep! Just under 11k! Cars with Round Tires are meant to drive...there are museums for cars that don't get driven!

40. Likes RoadRacer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw your car at the Shelby Show at the Star.

Very nice car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by svassh View Post
    Saw your car at the Shelby Show at the Star.

Very nice car!
    Always like meeting other builders or at least those interested. I have lost count of ALL the folks I have talked to about possibly building a FFR Kit...sometimes I feel like I am on the payroll (could say the same for the Cowboys as well)!

Post Thanks / Like
    It has been a few weeks since last posting. The weather has been heating up nicely, which makes for some great drives with the top off. Speaking of top, I believe I have posted my method of removal & storage for my hardtop here previously & for the most part is has worked relatively seamlessly...until about two weeks ago when I walked out into the shop to see the hardtop laying top down on the shop floor! Not good. It didn't break the glass, but some of the fiberglass did shatter a bit. I haven't flipped it over to view all the damage as part of me just doesn't want to see it now & the other part just doesn't want to deal with it at this point - maybe here in a couple weeks. Best I can tell, is that one of the cables I had made slipped & shifted the weight enough that it either fell out of the other three or broke one of them. There will be some fix & clean up on this though - probably need to rethink my way of storing as well!

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Throw a tarp over it and call your body guy to come over with his truck - best not to see it!
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

45. Thanks JOP33 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that I have the bad news out of the way...the good news it really has been an enjoyable last few months with the car! I have been able to make it to some really great show, & yes added a few more pieces of hardware, but I have to to tell you, that it is so much more than that! Just being able to get out & discuss the entire build & be extremely educated about it since so much of it I did. I have seen many of you at show & continue to be contacted by several potential FFR builders about questions - & I love helping ALL of them out as well, at least within my wheelhouse! There are some pics below from some of the last few shows I have hit as well as the big news of being able to get the Legend, the Original 88, Drew Pearson himself to sign the dash! He was absolutely amazing & actually stayed an hour over to make sure everyone got there items signed! If y'all have any interest, I have many videos posted on my YouTube Channel, JOP33 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjM...dpmbwCQ/videos , as well as videos of ALL the signature signings. Good luck to all that continue to venture into their builds & congrats to ALL that continue to finish the journey! Take care!

Local Car Show within the Neighborhood to benefit a local Church, about 40 cars, Top 25 with awards...
    B-1.jpg

Some fun pics outside a local furniture store...
    Tex-1.jpg

Tex-2.jpg

Tex-3.jpg

Tex-4.jpg

About 460 Cars @ this show, took a Top 100 home...
    C-1.jpg

C-2.jpg

C-3.jpg

C-6.jpg

C-7.jpg

47. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pity the Fool pics...
    T-1.jpg

T-2.jpg

Drew Pearson signing...
    D-1.jpg

D-2.jpg

D-3.jpg

D-4.jpg

D-5.jpg

D-6.jpg

Drew signs dash (video)...
    https://youtu.be/ejiiTvLU8VM

49. Likes FF33rod liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh! Those photos (in post 987) make my stomach hurt! If that had happened in my CA garage you would have been able to hear the stream of invective in TX. I hope the repairs can be accomplished with little time and expense. So sorry Jamie.
    Keith HR #894
    Last edited by progmgr1; 07-05-2021 at 05:37 PM.

51. Thanks JOP33 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    over the years Porsche, MB and I'm sure others have supplied a lightweight steel cart on wheels where the removable hardtop is stored vertically. I have one for my 911 and it's great since it only takes up 1/2 the area and can easily be moved into a corner. I'm sure it could be fabricated quite easily - maybe one of the forum suppliers code make these for sale.

53. Thanks JOP33 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cob427sc View Post
    over the years Porsche, MB and I'm sure others have supplied a lightweight steel cart on wheels where the removable hardtop is stored vertically. I have one for my 911 and it's great since it only takes up 1/2 the area and can easily be moved into a corner. I'm sure it could be fabricated quite easily - maybe one of the forum suppliers code make these for sale.
    The Ford T-Birds had a cart available for the hard top too...same design, it stands up and takes less room. Here's an aftermarket one on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13274479760...evt=1&mkcid=28

Jim

55. Thanks JOP33 thanked for this post
    Likes FF33rod, JOP33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great times for car shows in Texas! Little warm some days & surprisingly enough, a few showers every now & then, but all in all a great season so far! Hit the Cops & Rodders Show a few weeks back in Farmersville, TX - this was the furthest I have driven so far for a show @ 90 miles each way...

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

The last show is billed as a pretty high end show. It is an indoor show in Arlington, TX (just an earshot of the stadium) with no in and out (2 Day Show). It's the Yellow Rose Classic Car Show (only Ford Powerplants allowed). I had my full display out at this one. It was a great show & the first show where I actually took multiple awards home - First Place Street Rod Class & Best Special Interest Vehicle...

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

57. Likes peterh226, j33ptj, HVACMAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No excuses for not posting lately...Car continues to run great as I just rolled past 14k! I will update with some additional pics & comments soon! Have spoken with MANY potential builders along the way this year. It is great to hear how everyone has a different way of approaching their build. Love that the community continues to "Roll On"!

Stay tuned...

59. Likes RoadRacer, FF33rod, HVACMAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    14k!!! That is great. I am about to brake 2k miles and I still am loving this vehicle.

61. Likes JOP33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been at some great Car Shows & amazing events over the last few months with Star Mobile One! In September, I had the opportunity to meet up with former Dallas Cowboy, Tight End, Jay Novacek as he was promoting his 84 Whiskey. Jay was kind enough to sign the dash of the car for me...
    IMG_2219.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

https://youtu.be/fT0Iex0zNjs

Later in September I caught up with the Dallas Chapter of the NFL Alumni Association out at the Annual Wheels for Wellness Car Show in Downtown Fort Worth. Several former Cowboys were there as well & all took the opportunity to sign the dash...

Kevin Smith...
    IMG_2281.jpg

https://youtu.be/9jIcix0O8Sk

George Teague...
    IMG_2283.jpg

https://youtu.be/x640B1Oj4is

Billy Davis...
    IMG_2300.jpg

I took the opportunity to stop by in Grand Prairie, Texas just outside of Arlington where an artist has done a mural of several local athletes...
    IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

https://youtu.be/W-4pzOaZlaQ

Beasley Reece...
    https://youtu.be/c_r55msbcT0

63. Likes HVACMAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Events cont'd...

To finish September off, I was invited to bring the car out for former Dallas Cowboy, Tony Casillas' Annual Charitable Golf Tournament. I was able to get both Tony & Lincoln Coleman to sign the dash there...
    IMG_2315.jpg

https://youtu.be/GTfvlJjPZnY

IMG_2317.jpg

https://youtu.be/2L6sdZ2RBFA

In early December I received a text from the Production Manager with the NFL on Fox wanting to know if I would be available for an interview, some photos & video of the car for their Ultimate Fan segment. Definitely had to make time for this & it turned out really good, I thought. They spent about three hours at the house filming for what ended up being just about 20 seconds of video...
    https://youtu.be/nZ67UMS3P9Q

Then just this last weekend I was able add former Dallas Cowboy's, Jim Jeffcoat & Kenny Gant to the dash...
    IMG_3048.jpg

https://youtu.be/frrFJUusEXY

IMG_3065.jpg

https://youtu.be/SfIMA1En32g

Dash Map.JPG

I am just rolling past 15k on the car. Starting to get a bit cooler here, so my days are number with the hardtop off. Will slow down over the next two months and prepare for the Dallas Autorama in February!

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

65. Likes FF33rod, peterh226, McGuyver, HVACMAN, JimLev, e36m3, wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My apologies & embarrassment for not posting sooner. All is well with Star Mobile One for those that don't follow social much (I don't blame you). I am close to 18k on the car as I type. Thanks to FFR for the feature they posted about the car! I tried to convey my overwhelming appreciation to this forums support throughout my build in the "article", but also wanted to thank you ALL again. I relied heavily on answers & support from this group since this was my first build & y'all NEVER let me down. Since my last post, I have added a few more signatures...

Bob Lilly "Mr. Cowboy" signs the dash...
    14 - Bob Lilly Signs.jpg

Flozell Adams signs the dash...
    Flozell Adams.jpg

Erik Williams signs the dash...
    16 - Erik Williams Signs.jpg

Dixon Edwards signs the dash...
    17 - Dixon Edwards Signs.jpg

Eugene Lockhart signs the dash..
    18 - Eugene Lockhart Signs.jpg

At Autorama in February, I also had Danny "Count" Koker sign the air cleaner cover as well as Horny Mike, from Count's Customs...
    QKRV3920.JPG

CDFN3146.JPG

The car is holding up really well. The fiberglass flexes quite a bit just in driving & with temperature. My pins that control the Door Pops will usually tell me how much its flexing as they will either pop or nut when I try & use them. This is usually fixed with some shims on the body under the rocker panels. When I hit 20k, the plan is to put it on the lift & perform a pretty extensive clean up & just check things out really good. I have done this to some extent every 2k miles but will dive a bit deeper at that point. The hard top was only on for about a month in December & January, it has been off ever since! I will attend over (35) events this year (car shows, charitable events, signings, etc.), so my weekends stay pretty busy, but I have a pretty good system in place. The sigs have filled the PS side of the dash, so it will be on to the DS this next weekend. Most people at shows still think the car is a Plymouth Prowler - it bothered me at first (mainly because they just think it is a factory built car), but now I have just embraced it & occasionally have a bit of fun with it. I think the best one I have come across so far is, "Why did you put a Ford engine in a Plymouth?"

As mentioned in the FFR feature, the car has given me a great opportunity to meet some amazing people & help a few as well. I participated in a Teddy Bear drive for a local children's hospital a few weeks ago & was able to help raise a few buck for some bears...
    PRIH7757.jpg

QSRA8915.jpg

Y'all take care & hit me up if you are out & about, also if I can answer any question feel free to reach out!

Thanks again!

67. Likes e36m3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Running really close to 20k miles! Added former Cowboys player signatures Tony Hill, Thomas Everett & Charlie Waters to the dash in May. Not too terribly surprised, was turned down by Troy Aikman! The weather has been so hot here the last six weeks, it has really made car shows a challenge & then we had a death in the family a few weeks back that has curtailed some of my events here lately as well. I hope to get back on track getting out toward the middle of August & then finish strong the rest of the year!

Thomas Everett...
    19 - Thomas Everett Signs - Indy Pic.jpg

Tony Hill...
    20 - Tony Hill Signs - Indy Pic.jpg

Charlie Waters...
    21 - Charlie Waters Signs - Indy Pic.jpg

Fort Worth Aviation Museum Car Show...
    IMG_4510.jpg

You can tell how happy I am after Troy saying he can't sign...
    Troy & I.JPG

Flower Mound Parker Square Show...
    IUMW7987.JPG

Interviewed by North Texas Ford Dealers...
    GJMPE0711_Moment.jpg

Billy Bob's Texas Show...
    IMG_4971.jpg

IMG_4972.jpg

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast