Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17

Thread: The Good Wife

Post Thanks / Like

The Good Wife

My wife went this skiing week and went to a antique store in Hunter N.Y. and found a autographed copy of the Shelby Cobra book written by Dave Friedman, The book is in beautiful condition and it tells the story of Shelby American from day one , What a Good wife , Ed

2. Likes Papa, 7tvette, CaptB, FF33rod, WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine helped me unload the Roadster from the truck!

MrsFixit01.jpg
    John D. - Minneapolis 'Burbs

1965 El Camino - LT-1, 4L60e, 4wh discs, SC&C susp.
    2013 F-150 Platinum - Twin Turbo 3.5
    2018 Mk4 Roadster w/ Coyote - #9365 - Build Thread Delivery 7/3/18, 1st Start 1/4/19, 1st Road Mile 5/5/19, Legal 6/18/19, In Paint 2/25/21, Done (?) 4/2021

4. Likes 7tvette, FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    She's a keeper.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

6. Likes 7tvette liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jts359 View Post
    My wife went this skiing week and went to a antique store in Hunter N.Y. and found a autographed copy of the Shelby Cobra book written by Dave Friedman, The book is in beautiful condition and it tells the story of Shelby American from day one , What a Good wife , Ed
    Indeed she is, and congrats on the book!

Since we're on the subject of "keepers"...my wife wanted:

(1) Our garage floor professionally coated before anything else was done to our home when we first bought it;

(2) To buy a lift to fit all of our vehicles in our tall three car garage when we bought "Ruby" - our '65 Mustang Fastback;

(3) To buy a second lift when we purchased "Rosie" - our '65 FFR Cobra MK1; and

(4) To replace my '07 Tacoma with "Roxie" - a '54 Chevy 3100 Truck.

Who was I to say no. Like the old saying, "Happy wife - happy life."
    "Rosie" is a MK1 with Ford Racing 306 Crate Motor, AOD Transmission, and 3:55 Posi Rear End. "She's a whole lotta woman - she's a whole lotta Rosie." - AC/DC

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot of good wives among us but I might have you all beat. We sat down to dinner one evening 16 years ago and she asked "Did you order that car from Factory Five yet?" When I said no she replied "You better hurry up, that flyer that's been on the desk says the sale ends next week." Being the dutiful husband that I am I picked up the phone and placed the order the next morning

Fast forward to about 6 years ago, again as we're again sitting down to dinner. She declared "We need less house and you need more garage." I certainly don't want to disappoint her when she says she "needs" something------ so I set to work building a new, smaller house for us and then a larger shop for me.

Definitely a keeper!

Jeff

shopbusy.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife encouraged me to build a garage to house the car project. Nothing as palatial as Kleiner’s, but enough to keep my tools out of her way.

Post Thanks / Like
    And my wife actually bought my first FFR. When we moved to the Pensacola area and had a new house built, she told me I needed a shop to build our second roadster. The shop is a little over 1400 sq ft and she says its too small.

40C656AE-0064-480C-B85E-42445C7D6959.jpegB194EE5C-367A-4C58-9368-C497B0F0024F.jpgimage.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Wife bought the kit as a combo Birthday/Christmas present.

Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    There are a lot of good wives among us but I might have you all beat. We sat down to dinner one evening 16 years ago and she asked "Did you order that car from Factory Five yet?" When I said no she replied "You better hurry up, that flyer that's been on the desk says the sale ends next week." Being the dutiful husband that I am I picked up the phone and placed the order the next morning

Fast forward to about 6 years ago, again as we're again sitting down to dinner. She declared "We need less house and you need more garage." I certainly don't want to disappoint her when she says she "needs" something------ so I set to work building a new, smaller house for us and then a larger shop for me.

Definitely a keeper!

Jeff

shopbusy.jpg
    LOL - it's quite obvious you do, Jeff...for now - HA! All the best to you and your keeper!
    "Rosie" is a MK1 with Ford Racing 306 Crate Motor, AOD Transmission, and 3:55 Posi Rear End. "She's a whole lotta woman - she's a whole lotta Rosie." - AC/DC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jts359 View Post
    That's great, she is a good wife! My wife once bought me an autographed copy of A.J. Foyt's autobiography. As a true Texas and huge A.J. fan it was one of the greatest gifts I've ever received.
    My build thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Roadster-Build

Thread on Stainless Steel AN brake lines.

Thread on fasteners and torque wrenches.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife actually suggested to me: "may be you and our son should build a cobra kit or something"
    Build thread
    FFR mk4 roadster complete kit, 347 cu in carbed BluePrint engine, TKO600, IRS, power steering, ordered Jan2020, delivered 3/25/20, titled 8/23/20, finished 07/17/2021, graduated 10/06/2021

Post Thanks / Like
    When I asked my wife about getting a Cobra, she said life is not a test drive, if you can afford it get it, before your too old to push the clutch in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Jeff. Been married over 30 years and we are now empty nesters. The plan (fully supported by my better half) is to sell the 2 story, build a smaller ranch and a large shop/recording studio. I am truly blessed and cant wait for that blessed event. We are all fortunate indeed!
    Nate Johnson
    Mark I 302 from a 92 Mustang GT 650 CFM Carb 99 GT Solid Axle with 3:27
    "If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll make the time to do it over." - Dad

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife went to the factory and did the tour , then went to build school with me and did the full unload with the Stewart driver while I was in Japan. She was in the garage every hour I spent on the build and has done as many rivets as I. WE built this car and was a big infulence on the paint and detailed color selection. A true partner and best friend.
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

18. Likes WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ILPBFoot View Post
    My wife went to the factory and did the tour , then went to build school with me and did the full unload with the Stewart driver while I was in Japan. She was in the garage every hour I spent on the build and has done as many rivets as I. WE built this car and was a big infulence on the paint and detailed color selection. A true partner and best friend.
    I had been looking at these kits for years and always lusted over the Cobra, along with VW Westy campers. Opposite ends of the HP and styling spectrum, I know. I met my wife and she said she always wanted a Cobra and now we are going to build one together with my step son as a homeschool project. No one will be complaining about me bing in the shop time for awhile.

20. Likes FLPBFoot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just the fact that my wife said yes to this retirement project was a shock to me. She said she doesn't want to know what it's costing me though, so I don't tell her anymore unless she asks. I guess after 42+ years, we're going to make it.
    Jack
    289 Roadster complete kit ordered 8/2/21. Delivered 3/14/2022. Chassis #10306. 17"x9" Halibrands, 3.55 IRS, PS, Wilwood brakes, BPE 306 with EFI and close ratio TKX. First start 7/20/2023. First Movement 9/24/2023. First go-kart 9/25/2023.
    Build thread - https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...rida-289-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife (30+ years together) has been very supportive. When I question spending money on something for the car she always says if you want it get it to get the car you want. Even made space in her office for parts and have a table to work on in the air conditioning. S. Florida garages are very hot without air. 2 nights ago while on our after dinner walk she asked what still had to be done when the car comes back from Henry's? Car is at paint, them back to Henry for some final assembly. I said with the exception of some cosmetic items and carpet it will be done and ready for title. I thought, wow she is getting excited for it to be finished. So I asked why she wanted to know. "I just wanted to know when I can get my room back, I have plans to redo it." LOL even the good ones have their limit.
    Chris: FFR MK4 Roadster complete kit, delivered 8/17/2020, 347BPE CI, TKO600, Moser 8.8 3link 3.55, Halibrand 17x9 17x10.5, man-power brakes and steering, breeze radiator components, FFR adjustable seat mount (D), Breeze seat mount (P), leather wheel, drop trunk, hidden trunk battery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sigh...... my wife owns a Chevy.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074