The Challenge Racer is NOT a dead vehicle, plenty of people use them on street and for autocross. Also many are used in various racing classes through out NASA, SCCA, and other groups.

However, in my opinion the series itself is dead. I say this because the donor model for the drivetrain is now at least 24 years old. If you could find a donor with worthwhile parts it would approach or surpass its original purchase price.

Also the Tech has advanced markedly. Nothing wrong with a simple carbed, 2 valve per cylinder OHV V-8, but I am old enough to have driven cars from the 50's and 60's and yes several of the cars from the glory days of the Muscle Car era. Compared to a new Mustang they are a joke. Yeah lots of cool noise, but 10-12 mpg, changing plugs every 5k miles, etc. My Convertible would trounce most stock muscle cars. Also its nice to plug into the ODBII and have the code tell you the injector on #6 is fouled.

But that's not why I brought this up. My main thought is that FFR builds RACE Cars as well as Street replicas and the Forums should have a Racer Section. Since the series has run its course I think this section should morph into FFR's in Racing.