I have conflicting info in my library of information I stored prior to starting my build in regards to feed vs return line on the PS rack. I've looked at a couple build threads and 99% sure I have it correct, but can I please get a quick confirmation that I have the feed and return lines installed correctly.

A saved pic from what looks like a service manual(leak diagnosis chart) has the top line as return and the bottom as feed. I believe that is incorrect and the top line is the high pressure feed from the pump like I have installed below. My installation pic has the line on top coming from the PS pump, the line on bottom goes to the small cooler and then back to the remote reservoir.

The reason I'm asking is I have a really weird situation when I try to turn the tires to the right. Engine has never been started, therefore pump has never run. Prior to adding fluid to the system I could turn the tires relatively easily in both directions(what you'd expect from an unpowered rack). After adding fluid, if I try turning the tires to the right, it severely binds after 1/4 turn of the wheel. If I release the force on the wheel, it will then easily turn another 1/4 turn then bind again. I can do this until turned all the way to the right. If turning to the left, no binding at all for the entire sweep of fully from the right to fully to the left.

Again, this is a system that has fluid but the pump has never run. Do I need to wait until I run the pump before making any conclusions? I saw a Roadster's first start that had the lines reversed and it violently shook the steering wheel once the pump started pumping. Is this what I'm going to see upon first start(hopefully within the week....)?

Thanks,

-TJ