With the dash board in place, and with the bracket on the Russ Thompson turn signal, you cannot mount the turn signal through the dashboard. it requires you to place the turn signal assembly onto the dashboard as you are mounting the dashboard. During fitment, I managed to really scuff up the main tube of the turn signal as it was rubbing against the dashboard. The scuff marks are under the blue tape but you can see a little of it. The best way I've found to install was to remove the 2 rivets supporting the bracket, mount the dashboard then slide the turn signal down the steering shaft, then re-attach the bracket. So to make life a little easier, I have replaced the rivets with 10-24 rivnuts. As you can see in the picture, both rivnuts will clear the steering shaft. Then I milled out the spacers just a bit so the base of the rivnut would fit inside the spacer. Then I used a weatherpack connector to tie into the wiring harness. The pushbutton on the end of the turn signal arm is used for the speedometer/odometer reset button. For that I bought an extra plug/button switch from Speedhut and cut off the button and soldered the wires to the other end of the weatherpack connector. Now I'll have to touch up the scuff marks before permanent assembly.