A little background...

I've been involved in IT since 1992. When I first started in IT I worked for a business that had a dual core mainframe that took up 400 sq ft and demanded a 10-ton AC unit and raised floors. It had tape drives and two 5 MASSIVE 15 MB disk drives. I was "cutting edge" and pushed for a new client-server network to replace the mainframe. It took me 2 years to get the OK to install the first Novell 3.11 network. The boss told me if it doesn't work your fired!

Email was new tech and only the biggest companies had them. I proposed and built a Client/server network that included 265GB of network storage that cost me $22,000 in parts just to
build! We completed the migration off the mainframe and the new tech along with a new MIS syste I designed helped thrust the company from 5MM to 26 MM in 6 years.

Fast forward to today. My Development laptop took a dump and I bought a new laptop.

This thing has a 512GB SSD drive, which if you're not in the know offers speed 10x an standard disk drive. AND 2X the storage I paid $22K for in 1996. The processor is a 8th gen I7 quad-core. In other words, I paid $1500 for a PC that I couldn't even get close to for $30K in my early career! Amazing.

Now I'm doing advanced analytics and machine learning. Insane.

Are you as amazed by the continued tech progress as I am?