Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Alex's glovebox

Post Thanks / Like

Alex's glovebox

Has anyone heard from Alex Dailey or placed an order with him recently? I talked to him a while ago about an order with custom material. Took me a few months to get ready for it and now I can't get a hold of him. His mailbox is full and I left him a phone message but haven't heard anything back. Want to make sure he still takes order before shipping him the material...
    MKIV complete kit #8523, IRS, Coyote Engine, TKO 600, 3.55 rear end, PS, and a whole lot more! Graduated in May 2021.

Post Thanks / Like
    In case anyone interested, just talked to Alex. He has been pretty busy but still in business and will build/ship glove boxes after the holidays. No changes in Price/Address.
    MKIV complete kit #8523, IRS, Coyote Engine, TKO 600, 3.55 rear end, PS, and a whole lot more! Graduated in May 2021.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know. I'm planning to get one of his shallow glove boxes. If he stops selling them, I'll have to design my own and 3D print it.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    I used one of his in my build. Quality is great, the door is very high quality (covered front and back) along with his dash covering that comes with the kit and the hinges. When you see it you will defiantly know the quality of materials is a good bit better then the FFR dash covering. Plus his foam is separate from the dash covering so you can get a semi soft dash with the foam or the flat dash that some like by not using it. My only gripe is that the latch for it can only be opened and closed with a key. I’m sure that can be changed to a push button or quarter turn latch but it will be on you to convert it. Also when glueing the foam or dash covering do your self a big favor and use the weld wood contact cement that you can get from Lowe’s or Home Depot. I’m works way better then the spray can stuff. And your edges won’t lift over time. lastly he is a private guy that does this in his spare time so he might take a few days to get a hold of plus with the holidays I would call him come the first of the year. For me he was a great guy and was honest when he told me to make the kit would take a couple weeks after receiving payment and he was spot on.
    Last edited by GFX2043mtu; 12-19-2017 at 01:56 PM.