Well Everyone,

I can't say the car is graduated, because she is still in gel coat. Chassis 8980 showed up on November 24th (Thanksgiving day. And yes, we gave the Stewart driver a huge plate of Thanksgiving food for the road). On November 21st of this year, I sent my paperwork to the Virginia DMV. Today, I picked up my plates. Here is a write up of what you need for VA registration.

Step 1:
Pour a glass of your favorite brown stuff. Tell your wonderful and supportive wife the next car you build will be in a two car garage. Not the one car you build it in. My back hurts.

Step 2:
Put together your packet to mail to the headquarters. This will consist of pictures of the car, the ORIGINAL MCO (manufacturer certificate of origin), form VSA 17a, form VSA 22, a notarized statement of how you built the car (don't get crazy, mine may have been two paragraphs), copy of drivers license, receipts for the chassis, engine, transmission, and rear end (Basically, you have to send a copy of your invoice from FF when you ordered because your "frame" is in that), a check for the sales tax of the car (when I did this it was at 4.15%. And yes, you have to calculate it yourself), and a check for the inspection fee and I believe titling fee (it was $135). Since you have a VIN plate from FF, you do not need a VIN to be assigned to you. I'm not the DMV, so double check this stuff.

Step 3:
Mail it. Pour more brown stuff.

Step 4:
Receive call from a DMV law enforcement officer. They will set a day to come out and verify the at the VIN matches everything you submitted and that the car isn't a toilet bowl.

Step 5:
Wait 24 hours. The next day to go to the DMV to get your plates. Now, here is where VA is wishy washy. They would NOT give me antique plates. My registration and title is model year 1965, but since it is a replica they told me (AND I CALLED EVERY DEPARTMENT EVER MADE IN THE DMV), that since it was not assembled more than 25 years ago, it can not have antique tags. Hopefully, you get lucky, or the law changes, or they also poured brown stuff.

Step 6:
Leave with your plates. Rip a giant burnout because 'Murica.

Lastly, I do have something to keep an eye for and contact the DMV about if it doesn't change. When I log into my DMV account online, it says that emissions is due in year 2021. It is almost like it is being treated as a new car. I will report back on how this is resolved.

Hope this helps.