I meant to do this last year at Thanksgiving, and then again at Christmas, but things were so hectic that it slipped.

We are nearing the end of our 818c build. Right now we are working on the doors. After that we need to:

• install the sheet metal around the wheel wells
  • do some engine bay and wiring cleanup
  • have it painted
  • install the rear spoiler and diffuser
  • have the windshield, hatch and side glass put on
  • get it registered

Here is a picture of what it looks like today:

20180114_111250 - cropped.jpg

Rather then wait until the end I wanted to post a big THANK YOU to some of the folks who have helped us get where we are today.

From the vendor side I also thought it was important to say THANK YOU to to those vendors that provided us with products, advice and support along the way. In particular Brian at iWire went above and beyond the pale in supporting us. The iWire harness is a fantastic product that was well worth the money. But more importantly, it was Brian's patience and willingness to answer every question and help us with every issue that we encountered (including things that really weren't an iWire problem) that stood out. Thanks again for everything Brian!!!

I'm sure everyone here already knows about Wayne Presley. Wayne has been an amazing resource for everyone here for years. His knowledge, insight and tips are part of just about everyone's builds. I wanted to thank Wayne for taking the time to meet with John and I at his shop in Alabama, and for giving us a lot of very helpful advice during the build. We bought our radiator, shifter, AWIC and trailing arms through Wayne and couldn't be happier with all of them.

Thanks also to Mark at Breeze Automotive for the Coolant Hard lines and the Bioig under car Center Exhaust. Both were great upgrades. Thanks as well to Mike at Replica Parts for the Clutch Line kit and Alternator Bracket kit.

There are so many folks here that helped us with questions or issues that there are too many to mention by name. I just pulled out a few from memory that really helped a number of times with issues we were facing. Nolan (nkw8181) allowed John and I to come up and see his build in Dallas. That was a huge help in deciding to move forward and in deciding what types of upgrades we wanted to do. He also helped us with info about who to use to rebuild and tune our engine. Pete (AZPETE) was always there to answer questions, but the help he gave us in selecting and getting our Vintage Air system installed was instrumental. We didn't go with the same system that he did but the info, instructions and parts list he provided made it possible to get ours installed. Thanks also to Bob_n_Cincy, Frank818, Mechie3, 07Fireblade, Mikeb75, StiPWRD, redfogo, Hindsight and anyone else I forgot to mention!

- Lou