Figured I would update the build thread with where the car is at now. My current goal is to have the car road-registered by early May. This means that I've pretty much got to get it into a road-legal state by the end of March (2020). I've currently got some of the body install, doors, wipers, glass and dash left to do in order for it to be roadworthy. So...I've got a busy month ahead. I've got more pictures and posts of the progress on my blog www.818coupe.com

Mechanical:
  • The JDM EJ207 engine is running well! No codes, leaks, noises, or other issues. I have not driven the car a whole ton since the AVCS and everything was working but I have driven it enough to tell that it should be plenty fast!
  • Exhaust was modified to fit the new turbo using the factory Subaru EJ207 downpipe mouth.
  • ABS brakes installed and functioning.
  • My brake setup has now been changed to a Infiniti G37 1" master cylinder paired with the NC Miata brake booster. I've barely driven with this setup because my first Infiniti master cylinder leaked and I've seen been working on other things since. Based on the 7/8" NC Miata master cylinder though, this should be a decent setup.

Interior:
  • Lots of interior aluminum has been installed. The rear firewall is fully installed and the center tunnel aluminum is in. I have also installed the e-brake lever.
  • Vintage Air AC Mini Gen II has been installed. I used AZPete's write-up to guide it and that was basically perfect. He used their older unit so the only necessary change was that I had to buy an H-fitting from Vintage Air to serve as the coolant bypass when the heat is not on. Everything seems to work, but I have not charged the A/C yet to confirm that that is functional.
  • I've got my Pumpkin 7" Android head unit setup on a bench power source so I can play around with it before installing. This unit runs full Android so I can use Torque, BTSSM, GPS, music, track apps, etc. I like to mess around with the tech stuff so I plan to have a functioning reverse cam, dash cam, digital track guages, phone connectivity, etc.

Body
  • I'm currently working hard on getting the body installed on the car. Besides the doors and rear hatch, all the panels have at a minimum been roughly fitted to the car. I plan to fit the body and get everything mounted as required for getting it road legal and then do the sanding and finishing touches later.
  • Headlights are mostly installed and taillights are fully installed.

IMG_20191103_171810.jpgIMG_20191217_233900.jpgIMG_20191210_130736.jpgIMG_20200112_130413.jpgIMG_20200115_173646.jpgIMG_20200119_172508.jpgIMG_20200209_160020.jpgIMG_20200301_141653.jpgIMG_20200229_164037.jpgIMG_7078.jpg