Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: SCNS 02/2014 MK4 Coyote TKO500 8.8 IRS BT

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SelectivePC View Post
    Need to do a bit of research on the oil pan and pick-up sets the other guys are using, and also the motor mount situation, as the used motor company pulled or motor mount brackets and mounts. *******s.

I have seen a lot of the Moroso's used, but don't know if there is a difference in them. So time to start googleing.
    The Moroso setup everyone is using with the Coyote is a Moroso 20570 pan with Moroso 24570 pickup. I'm not aware of another brand option, although maybe there is one.

For motor and transmission mounts, the common setup is the Energy Suspension 4.1127G 4.6L Mustang Motor Mounts and the Energy Suspension 4.1104G Transmission Mount. You'll want to add the 1/2-inch spacers that Factory Five makes for inside the motor mounts. Part of their Coyote installation package. But available separately.

Couple of other points. Looks like an F150 Coyote? That oil filter orientation is different than the Mustang, and as I recall that's one of the differences. Regardless, the oil cooler won't fit and probably you'll need to turn the oil filter or use a remote. Also, since you do have an older kit, I'm assuming you still have the older style footbox aluminum? A lot has changed since then for Coyote installations. Factory Five used to use sheet metal that also was for the older 4.6 mod motor. But it's an interference fit for the Coyote unless you tip the engine over, plus it takes a big bite out of the footbox space. There is newer sheet metal that fixes both. Gives room for the Coyote plus restores the lost footbox space. This was recently discussed in another forum post, so maybe you saw that or already knew about it.
    Last edited by edwardb; 02-20-2018 at 05:04 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.