Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Jdavis500 Gen 3 Coupe Build Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hatch hinge issues

I am having a hard time trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I have prepped the hatch opening with spacers to maintain centering and appropriate height of glass. I first installed the bracket directly to the glass. Then the hinge assembly to the roll bar. On the right side, I cannot get the bolt holes to line up between the glass bracket and the pivot arm. When I take another approach of placing the bolts first and then mounting to the rollbar, the rollbar clamp portion is 3/8"-1/2" away from the rollbar. It doesn't seem to matter if the pivot arm is inside of the glass bracket or outside.I haven't read about others having difficulty here. It seems like this should be easy. I would like some feedback on how smoothly this process went for others. I am wondering if my body is too high which raises the glass. At one point I had things attached and the swing of the arm didn't seem to track the glass up and away as I would imagine. I would like to know where the pivot point ends up for others.

IMG_2523.JPG
    IMG_2522.jpg
    IMG_2524.jpg
    IMG_2520.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gen 3 Coupe, Gen 2 Coyote, Wilwoods, IRS, Power Steering, AC JDAVIS500 Build Thread