Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mark 4 near Gig Harbor WA?

Post Thanks / Like

Mark 4 near Gig Harbor WA?

I am looking to build a Mark IV but am concerned I may not fit (6'4" 250#). Pulled over another Cobra the other day by a different company and it was VERY hard to get in. Wondering if anyone near Gig Harbor WA has build one and would mind if I came over to see how I fit. PM me for location confidentiality. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck finding someone. Has to be some around you. Just one word of caution. There's no cookie cutter Mk4 build out there. There are many variations. You could be comfortable in one and not in another. There are multiple options for seats, seat position, pedals and pedal positions, and even mods that can be made to the footbox depending on your engine choice. Plenty of guys your size (and bigger) have worked it out. So just keep that in mind. But I completely understand you would like to see/try in person before putting down your hard earned cash.
    Last edited by edwardb; 05-28-2018 at 11:01 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember a few builds being in the Renton and Federal Way area (well, more to to east), but there should be various ones around. Take a look through some build threads and try reaching out via PM if you don't get a response here. Most everyone is friendly from what I've found.
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mdutton11 View Post
    I am looking to build a Mark IV but am concerned I may not fit (6'4" 250#). Pulled over another Cobra the other day by a different company and it was VERY hard to get in. Wondering if anyone near Gig Harbor WA has build one and would mind if I came over to see how I fit. PM me for location confidentiality. Cheers!
    I’m 6’3” and fit in mine just fine. However I have sat in numerous others that I found very uncomfortable. I gaurantee you can build one and fit in it. If you try one on for size that isn’t built for a big guy it will be a completely different experience. You need to find one to sit in built by a big guy.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Mk IV for 'Big and Tall". I had the same concerns and I did try the fit in a couple of cars here in So Cal. I'm 6'7"ish and 285ish.

First of all go with a small block Ford, this gives you room to move the side of the drivers footbox 1.5" to 2" toward the engine. When I installed the throttle pedal I reversed how the pedal and the lever attach to their pivot point, this moved the pedal at least 1" to the right. The Wilwood pedal box in the complete kit has movable faces on the pedals that can be adjusted for big feet. I still had room for a dead pedal on the left side just forward of the clutch pedal. Because I moved the right side of the footbox toward the engine it is almost even with the right side of the Transmission hump and this gives me room to lay my right leg over against it.

The second thing is seats. I ordered my kit with the Big and Tall roadster seats but they are not enough. When you order delete the seats. I used the Kirkey lowbacks

Post Thanks / Like
    Kirkey Seats

I used the 17" and I believe those are with widest that will fit. I used the Kirkey brackets and tilted the drivers seat back a little but otherwise as low and back as far as possible.

I raised the steering wheel with spacers under the support bearing.

If you have questions send me a PM.

John