Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Long time listener, first time caller

Post Thanks / Like

Long time listener, first time caller

Hello builders.
    After 10+ years of dreaming, I’ve finally been able to pull the trigger on an MKIV. I live in Northeast PA and am a certified car nut. My 1st build was a 1966 Mustang convertible GT350 recreation that I vowed would not sit in my garage in pieces for eternity. After 3 years of weekends, Google and YouTube it was done. Not sure I’ll repeat that (I learned that in marriage counseling. . . LOL), but a build with all new fresh clean parts with instructions? That I can do.

The rest of the stable:
    1964 Pontiac GTO – I’ve wanted a GTO since junior high. Did the deal at Mecum Harrisburg 2015
    2012 Audi A5 – my 1st new car . . . 1 of 1 ordered to my specs
    2003 BMW Z4 – mid-life crisis
    1985 VW Cabriolet – this is wifey’s dream car. Triple white convertible, of course
    2014 Buick Enclave – only automatic trans in the family

Now that I might actually have something to contribute, I plan to start posting. At the very least, build thread will be started in short order.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard. Might as well learn to post some pics by showing us the GT350 recreation!

What is your build plan for the Cobra?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Exciting news, and your wife is on board, definitely helps. Get her involved.....since the VW Cabriolet is her dream car get the Russ Thompson turn signal option and mention its made using the VW signal hub. You have two cars that got my attention, the GTO and the Z4. Looking forward to seeing your build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Long time listener, first time caller. Hmm... I never really made the connection. Onto something there? Really funny bits.

Welcome to the madness. Congrats on your Mk4. Looking forward to hearing more about your build. We like build threads and lots of pictures.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! Here are some Mustang pics. Check out my build threat for the Cobra build plan . . .

L front.JPG

L rear.JPG

Interior2.JPG
    My favorite view . . . I see it enough at the gas station!

Engine.JPG
    The car was pained when I bought it, but this was all me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidW View Post
    Exciting news, and your wife is on board, definitely helps. Get her involved.....since the VW Cabriolet is her dream car get the Russ Thompson turn signal option and mention its made using the VW signal hub. You have two cars that got my attention, the GTO and the Z4. Looking forward to seeing your build.
    The cars are all so different in so many ways ... I love them all (the Enclave ... meh)

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard and consider cruising down down South in that Mustang at the end of September / beginning of October because you can't be a certified car nut until you have cruised the coast.

https://cruisinthecoast.com/

I'm sure your MK-4 will be everything that you hope it will be, but I suspect it will be even more than that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    Welcome aboard and consider cruising down down South in that Mustang at the end of September / beginning of October because you can't be a certified car nut until you have cruised the coast.

https://cruisinthecoast.com/

I'm sure your MK-4 will be everything that you hope it will be, but I suspect it will be even more than that.
    Oh, man! That does look cool. Convertible a must.