Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GoPro mount

Post Thanks / Like

GoPro mount

I just bought a Go Pro and was wondering if you guys have any opinion on a mount for filming cobra rides. Is a suction mount ok or would a roll bar mount be better? I'd rather only buy 1.
    MK4 #9028 - Coyote - TKO600
    Delivery: 1/30/17 First Start: 7/23/17 Legal: 10/5/17 Graduated: 10/15/18
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...8-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a suction cup on the outside of my door and raced many miles around circuits with it - it never fell off (surprisingly!). This was on a closed car though, so wind noise was high and I bought a wired mic and had that inside the car for a better result.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like

Roll Bar mount for 1.5" Roll Bar

I have this mount still left for sale if you want it. ( Like New) $60 shipped. Camera not included!

Pacific Customs Billet Aluminum GoPro Mount For 1.5" Roll Bar - $87
    https://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Custo.../dp/B00LWHYC22

F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    Suction cup - RAM.
    Roll bar - Eye-of-mine. Best one I have ever seen. But I think they stopped making them

Post Thanks / Like
    Adhesive mount just in front of the rear view mirror with dual mic setup to record driver and passenger audio.
    Mark IV -- 04 Mach1 Donor -- 4.6 DOHC -- TKO 600 -- 3:55 Gears -- 3 Link - Hydroboost PS & PB -- 13" PBR's Front & 11.65's Rear -- Cuesta Wiring -- Thompson Signals -- FFR Radiator, heater, wipers, and catalytic converters -- Metco DS safety loop -- Forte 7/8" front bar -- VPM 3/4" rear bar -- Champ road race pan -- Corbeau A4 Seats -- Nitto NT-05's on 17 x 9's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche325 View Post
    Suction cup - RAM.
    Roll bar - Eye-of-mine. Best one I have ever seen. But I think they stopped making them
    Fwiw, the newer Go pro branded bar mounts are very good and not terribly expensive. I have one I use go-karting a lot. The only other mount I use is a sticky puck on a rare earth magnet. Not much use on a fiberglass car, but ive stuck it to my truck mudding, driving in orange groves, and on the interstate and never had it fall (or even move unless something hit it)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ram mounts are the absolute best. Each can be custom configured to your exact needs.

https://www.rammount.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to get a lot of footage from all over the place. I have never had a suction cup fall off no matter how hard I try. I always wipe the spot with a towel first to get the dust off. In the past, I would add a tether to the GoPro, but do not do that anymore. I would take more damage from a GoPro bouncing around than the cost of the camera. Now that the Hero 4s have come down in price, I went out and bought two more on Craig's list. The more cameras you have on the car, the better the footage and less moving of the suction cups. Just set them up so you cannot see the other cameras. Low and back on the drivers door so far is my favorite spot. Do not forget filming the suspension and in the engine bay. The most important thing to do is to have fun. Go out and play with different locations and then tell your story in editing.

I like mounting the GoPro low, but the more places the better. Your can should look like it was attacked by an octopus at the end of the day. For the best sound, you will need an external mic with muff. I found that the external mic was too much work. So, I use a muff on the GoPro case. It is surprising how well this $14 muff works.

Example:
    https://www.amazon.com/Micover-Stick...opro+wind+muff