BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Brake balance bar, does this look right? (VIDEO)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brake balance bar, does this look right? (VIDEO)

Update:

OK so now my brakes are filled and bled. I moved the MC for the rear brakes to the inboard side of the pedal box and the MC for the front is in the middle. I have the balance bar centered and I have about .2 to .25 spacing in total between both clevises. The MC for the rear brakes moves about 1" while the MC for the front moves only about 1/4" to 3/8". No matter how I adjust the balance bar I cannot seem to get both cylinders to move at the same time. At best I can get the rear to move about 1/4" before the front starts to move. Is this normal or do I seem to have a problem?

New Video:

Original Message:
    So I'm working on my pedal box now and trying to adjust the balance bar on the brakes, but I really am not sure what I am doing. Right now I have the front MC (.75) on the right and the rear MC (.625) on the left. When I depress the brake pedal the rear MC push rod goes almost completely in before the front MC moves. It appears that the front MC rod won't fully depress until the very end of the pedal movement. Is this normal? I could use some suggestions as to what I want it to look like and how to get there. I am also thinking of swapping the MC's so that the rear is on the right as I think that will make the routing of the brake lines a little easier, and not sure if that affects the balance bar or not.
    Last edited by shark92651; 07-09-2018 at 03:38 PM.