FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 25th anniversary engine bay

Post Thanks / Like

25th anniversary engine bay

Hey those of you who built the 25th anniversary without coyote, I'd love to see what your final engine bay looks like. I really liked the bronze powder coating on the frame that FactoryFive did and would love to see what it looks like in the finished product.

Thanks .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zee View Post
    Hey those of you who built the 25th anniversary without coyote, I'd love to see what your final engine bay looks like. I really liked the bronze powder coating on the frame that FactoryFive did and would love to see what it looks like in the finished product.

Thanks .
    In real life the 25th Anniversary “bronze” frame powder coating has a lot of green to it.

Jeff

83F7149F-DF77-4498-B8CF-3DA268D7A4A4.jpeg

3. Thanks zee thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey zee, since I have one of them, I figure I would respond. I don't have a picture to post since , well, I don't have my engine as of yet. I'm waiting until 2023 to place my order.

My story goes like this... When I was planning out my roadster complete kit purchase, I was hell bent on blue paint w/white stripes or silver w/dark stripes, but either way, the engine block was going to be ford blue w/blue plug wires and distributor cover and a few subtle colored accents red or yellow, etc... But no acceptions, the engine block was to be ford blue!

The funny thing now, with the bronze frame and black parts and silver & aluminum throughout, the blue block is no longer even an option for me. Sad, to be honest! I mean, I could, but I just feel that I need to stay with; Silver, black, bronze and gold/brass type accents.
    So, I'm planning a 351W - 427ci with the following:
    > EFI Holley Sniper w/classic gold color, turkey pan and smaller air cleaner. I love the oval air cleaner, but I'm a fan of the T-Pan!
    > 427 Cobra Ford Racing valve covers of course
    > Aluminum heads (no paint)
    > The engine block will now be black
    > Oil pan will be the gold iridite
    > Plug wires, distributor/ignition will be black
    > My accents will be: brass/aluminum/chrome/silver/

I guess for me to have any colors outside this set will just feel like they're out of place. A blue block would be cool, but I'll just go w/black.

However, with all that said... I think the color green paint w/white stripes will bring everything together nicely. The only planned red parts that I will have will be the positive battery wire and a rubber bumper for the gas pedal. The brake & clutch will have white bumpers instead. And you won't even see these.

And... Jeff is correct! The bronze has a green undertone for sure. I mean, study gray or grey (whichever spelling you use) and you'll see either the blue or red undertone which brings out the color of gray/grey that you see. As to sum it up, pick the colors that you desire and feel will work best for you and your dream ride. Keep on building...
    Dj or Doug or TheLateDude
    ----- #19 of 25th Anniversary MKIV 9769 -----
    Build Link: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Slow-Progress
    Ordered: Oct 07, 2019 / Production: Dec 28th, 2019 / Shipped: Jan 19th, 2019 First Start: In the future... / Graduation: Even further in the future...

5. Thanks zee thanked for this post
    Likes zee liked this post