BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: ol' 5369 has been down since HB :( - On the road again!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ol' 5369 has been down since HB :( - On the road again!

Yep, she died on the way home from HB and has been down ever since.

She died previously on several occasions, getting less intermittant each time. After losing power previously, the fuel pump would still have power but there would be no spark. After a period of time (5-10 minutes) it would start again like nothing happened. This last time she never recovered.

I thought maybe it was the ECU so I sent it out to a forum friend who gave it a once over. Nothing too unusual was found but he did replace a few wear-items on the board. He didn't want to test it on his own car b/c Mass-Flo uses a plug-in sub-board (presumably a flash memory tune deelio) so I called Mass-Flo to see if I could ship the ECU to them and found out that THEY DON'T SUPPORT THEIR SYSTEM ANYMORE They said I could upgrade to their current pro-m EFI for $2400 that uses am old v10 ECU from Ford. NO THANKS!!

Digging deeper into the issue I noticed I don't hear the fuel pump kick on anymore. I've since discovered that the whole engine harness is no longer getting power. I first checked the 5-amp cross-over from the master kill switch (keep-alive power for the ECU) but that is fine so now I believe the power lead that comes from the remote solenoid is the culprit.

So, what is the lifespan for a remote solenoid, and do you think this should be my next task to replace it? Should I still be able to crank the starter if the solenoid is bad?

Last edited by David Hodgkins; 07-20-2018 at 02:54 PM. Reason: clarity

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)