Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  111

Thread: CV2065 MKIV Build Thread - Graduated!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't updated in a while. We went on vacation to Utah/Colorado. If you've never Canyoneered, just make sure you're in relatively good shape. Thought I was going to have to be choppered out. Well, it wasn't that bad, but I was reminded that I'm not a 19 year old Marine anymore. Anyway, had a blast doing other things as well in Monument Valley and the Moab, like horseback riding, ATV'ing and Zip Lining. Here was our view from our cabin in Monument Valley.

Pretty cool place, but was glad to get back to humid Florida.

Anyhow, started back on the car and have gotten quite a bit done. First off, I finished off the dashboard. Had a few switches to add and am pleased how it came out. Nothing fancy, just standard stuff.

When wiring the hazard switch, I connected the two pink wires to the middle prongs on the 6 pronged switch, then the blue and green turn signal wires to the bottom two prongs. Had it backwards initially, so I should have tested first, but not a big deal to switch back around. I wanted a red guard for the wiper switch right next to it, but could not find one to fit.

Speaking of the dash, I have really been indecisive as to how I was going to mount it. I have the 3M interlock tape, but in the end, just decided to screw it in. I bought some black chrome button head screws from Albany County Fasteners that were a little pricey, but will look great and match my theme, as I am 99% positive that I'll powder coat all of my exterior chrome the same finish.

Hard part was pulling the dash back far enough without jacking up any wiring and measuring for 5-2"x3/4" stainless angle brackets to rivet to the hoop. I have a local custom metal cutting place that had these cut for me in 10 minutes. This obviously should have been done beforehand as space is limited, but the good news is that I've added plenty of wiring so that the dash can pull back at least 6-8" from the hoop, so if I need to repair anything in the future, easy peasy.

Only issue there was that the brackets on the corners had to be angled, especially on the glovebox side, as there was interference, even with just 3/4" lengths. All brackets are roughly 9.25" apart from center to end of each bracket, except for the last two that had to be moved a little closer.

I'll put a little tape where each bracket is located and will mount the body for placement shortly.
    Last edited by cv2065; 07-04-2019 at 12:15 AM.
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2