Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
Why? The factory front location is basically free space. From there the cable runs are short. Given the frame design, like the fuel and brake lines, if in the back the battery cable would have to come through the transmission tunnel which is already a bit congested. Not sure where you'd locate it in the back anyway. And FWIW, one of the very common mods for the Roadster is moving the battery to the front.
I know what you mean by free space. There is quite a bit up there, I would like to keep that area free for a few reasons. First is looks, I want my engine compartment free of clutter. I say that now but pulling that off is going to be very difficult with power steering and AC. But so far I've got almost everything concealed behind my panels I am making That’s my plan. It should look like a show car when I pop the hood and perform like a race car. The SBF takes up considerably less space than a coyote so that area will be very easy to see. So visually moving it to the back is favorable. Second is I want that airflow from that area to be free. The panels I made are going to block airflow and circulation so, I need to improve it. Lastly, The more weight I get to the rear wheels the more chance I have a 50/50 weight distribution.

I am just wondering if it’s best to setup the electrical and leave my wires long or it’s best to set my engine in and wire everything up afterwards.