Allow me to introduce myself to this forum, I've been an aircraft mechanic for the past 40 some years,
fell in love with the FFR products way back when, so much so that I've talked to anybody I know about some day owning one, well that day was last Wednesday 8/2 when a forum member placed his beautifully built 818S for sale in New York a 2:45 pm, that night I registered to the forum trying to get in contact with him, on Thursday morning I found out that all new comers are placed in quarantine until clear by the administrator, contacted him and asked to have my introduction expedited so that a deal could be reached,he did. Thanks David. By mid day Thursday contacted the seller via pm on the forum, in my rush to do so I failed big time by omitting the last number of my phone.
Home at 5pm checked the forum and found a message with seller's phone, called him right away and the deal was made. Friday at 5pm left Indy for New Yor and at 4 pm Saturday it was on the trailer heading back home and safely in my garage Sunday at 4 pm.
Let it be known that I have never seen an 818 in my life, not just this one, any 818, but I have always known that the 818S was what I wanted since its introduction.
Today got my temporary plate and out for a drive in a non controlled airport....what a blast.
I restored a 65 conv mustang 18 years ago and logged 68K miles traveling to MCA shows for 10 years and I still enjoy, also a restored 74 VW Thing that will do 60 mph eventually. My everyday ride is a Smartcar Brabus with an IHI turbo that pushes 98 HP at the wheels up from 56 in a .998L 3 cyl.engine....yeah I know...that's why I'm checking into this asylum...
Well there you have it, that's how I came into the FFR experience.
Do have a lot of questions and hope I can get answers.

Jetfuel

PS: please excuse orthographic errors....English is my second language