Name here is Ryan. I will be receiving my 818c kit in about a week so I thought I would post a build thread about it. I will not be following the standard build as I have no donor and will be using a Honda K24a2 for power. The transmission is an 05 forester 5 spd. The two will be coupled together by a (first ever) Kennedy adapter plate and flywheel. Engine management will be provided by a Megasquirt MS3/MS3X with a can buss I/O extender and 4 vr conditioners to read all 4 ABS sensors for traction control. The MS also averages the abs sensors and properly drives the factory 04 STI speedometer allowing for speed calibration without using the vss. Ive also got the tach working (easy) and the factory temperature gauge using the early Subaru temp sender which threads into the Honda intake manifold. This is all currently working on the bench. I have most of the other parts for the build which I have collected slowly over the coarse of a year from the local wrecking yard and Ebay. For those that are curious I found the engineering drawing online for the Ford 2.3 ecoboost. Seeing as how factory five has already put in an inline 4 into the 818 I wanted to compare the size to the Honda before purchasing the engine and adapter. The Honda is 1" shorter in length than the Ford so it should fit with some frame mods and motor mounts. Adapter plate is 15/16 thick. My first time posting photos hopefully this works.

The engine, tranny and adapter.
IMG_0623.jpgIMG_0624.jpgIMG_0626.jpg

I am horrible about keeping a build thread but will try and post some photos of the frame modifications and motor mounts. I do plan to turbo the k series after the registration process. The rest of the build with the exception of some of the interior bits will be fairly standard.

Ryan