I took the Roadster out twice this weekend. Yesterday, I brought it over to the local Firestone shop for a four wheel alignment. It was about a mile away and I drove it there and back. The morning was bright and sunny when we went over, but the weather deteriorated as the day went on. By the time the car was done (about 5 hours later!) it was windy, cold and raining off an on.

Driving back home was fun – I was holding on to the wheel with one hand and my hat with the other. Have to work through the whole hat thing. Literally five minutes after I got back in my garage, the wind kicked up significantly and it started snowing. I know I’m going to get caught in bad weather eventually; I’m hoping that will wait a while!

Two things popped up on this trip, one I can explain, but one I can’t. The one I can explain is difficulty starting when cold. The engine cranked way more than I thought it should, which might indicate it’s not getting enough gas. When it does start, I get a pretty big “pop”, almost like a backfire. I haven’t checked the fuel pressure, but I suspect it isn’t high enough. Once the car has run for a while, it will start right up, so it has to be the fuel pressure in my mind. I’m running a 3/8 line on feed and return.

The second item is a clicking noise that seems to emanate from the right rear wheel. The faster I go, the faster the clicking is. I did a visual check, but I don’t see anything out of the ordinary. For a point of reference, I have the “old style” IRS, 17 inch wheels, and Wilwood brakes. Any ideas what might cause that?

I took it out again today and made this video. I put my phone on a selfie stick and secured it in a roll bar post. I was surprised how jumpy it came out. There’s also a lot of wind noise. I was hoping you might be able to hear the clicking over the exhaust, but the wind just about wipes out everything else. Nevertheless, it was a fun trip. A little faster this time as I feel pretty good about the suspension.