that's kinda what i was thinking... seems over the years when i've looked the (used) roadsters are often in the $40K range, and of course depending on motor/tranny, you could probably expect to hit that number pretty easily before much (if any) labor was taken into account after you've plopped down $20K for the complete kit.

i'll look for posts by mike (is that his screen name, too?) — i'd be curious what a "typical" build time is for someone once they've done a previous car.

i'd definitely jump on the build school, should i decide to try this venture someday.

Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
Mike Everson seems to build a lot of customer cars.

My general feeling when I was building mine vs looking at the offerings for sale was I could of bought a nice one for probably 75% of what it cost me to build one and that was with zero cost for labor(other than the body/paint I hired out) I did do a higher cost build with the options, drive train and paint job I choose. For me though it was about building my own. I have had numerous requests on my Cobra instagram account to build for others but there is no way I could build one and pay myself anywhere close to what my time is worth in the real world and have the total cost be anywhere close to market value. Somebody would have to be a sucker to buy one at what I think it would be worth in my time to build one. With that being said the more you build I am sure the more you could refine your process and put out a product with increasing quality in a faster timeframe. Maybe that would close the cost/value gap down. Mike obviously makes money doing it but it must be a tight market.