Hi Guys,

I'm starting to give some thought to my dash and glove box. I'm going to design my own shallow glove box to work with the heater. It's most likely going to be 3D printed. I've been contemplating the fasteners that hold the glove box to the dash and I'm wondering how much of a fastener's head will show once the dash is covered with the padded FFR vinyl. Would a rivet head show? How about a "flush" mount press in stud? Keep in the mind the flush mount studs aren't completely flush. More like low profile. Here's something similar to what I was thinking about...Here. Or would it be better to use a flat head screw and counter sink the dash? I realize there's not a lot of dash material to countersink. It would be really nice to use something like the press in studs so that I could remove the glove box without removing the dash padding. I'm also considering doing the double layer of aluminum sheet for the dash, like some others have done. That could give me a few more options for fastening. For those of you that have done the dual layer dashes, what have you done to connect the two pieces together?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Frank