Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nardi steering wheel

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nardi steering wheel

I currently have the FFR leather steering wheel that I ordered with my complete kit, but I'm now second-guessing my choice of steering wheel. I love the look of wood steering wheels, but I don't love the feel of thin wood steering wheels when driving. Lately, I've been doing a bit of searching on wood steering wheel options. I was poking around the Nardi website this morning and came across a few wheels that look interesting.

This is their "ND Classic" in a 330mm (~13 inch) diameter) they also make it in 340mm, 360mm, and 390mm. However, this one looks interesting to me for a couple of reasons... first it has a nice thick wood rim, and second I think a 13" diameter with power steering might help the whole cockpit feel a little less cramped and still drive pretty easily. So, has anyone tried a Nardi wheel? Any idea what it would take to get one to bolt up to the FFR bolt pattern? What are everyone's thoughts on the thicker rim, and the 13" diameter?

5061.33.3000.jpg
    Last edited by JohnK; 03-21-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.