Thanks for a clearer perspective, Jeff.

It is what it is, and I know that no one else provides the hand glove service and quality that Stewert has set up with their trucks. I'm more frustrated than upset, and that's driven by anticipation. But waiting a few weeks won't hurt either. Especially considering I just wrote checks for an engine and car and my checking account needs a tad more recovery before ordering all the extras. At least everything is fully paid for and I don't owe anything on it, even if I don't have anything other than the Wilwoods. LOL.

I'm hoping Stewart gets some more specialized trucks and drivers. It won't help me, but it will help others. I have a feeling they're about to get very busy in the next few years. Especially so if that Ford/Shelby movie with Brad Pitt is a hit. It'll generate the desire for a lot of people to own one of these beauties. More work for everyone, better economy of scale will keep the costs down, and feed a growing market for even more accessories and modifications/customizations. Other shippers may see a need to customize trailers and provide a competing service. I believe that an alternate shipper would be a very good thing from a competitive/capitalist standpoint. And, if Stewart is backed up that much, it won't hurt their business much, if at all. With a possible bump from the movie, they could very well be even busier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
Honestly, it isn't out of the ordinary over the past year or two. In years past I always had cars moving my direction within a week following completion. Understand that "moving my direction" could still mean close to a week in transit depending on the route. Last year I had a Gen 3 Coupe ready to ship the third week of September and it didn't arrive until the second week of November. Others were posting of similar delays. I know it's a tough business with regulations, equipment breakdowns and labor that turns over frequently. With all that I still think Stewart is the best option unless you're within just a few hours of Wareham. While we were at SEMA last year and I was still waiting for them to get the Coupe picked up I was grumbling about my displeasure and Dave said "I thought about buying trucks and starting to do shipping---for about 30 seconds. Then I came to my senses!"

Jeff