Hello All,
Looking for some expertise in troubleshooting. I've finally gotten plates on my 818 and have been driving it a chunk of miles each day this weekend. Everything was going beautifully, until it wasn't. Two separate days I drove three trips in all types of driving (backroads, highway, stop and go, etc.) without any issues. The alignment was on point, temps remained well within limits, and no odd noises or symptoms to note of any issues.

This morning I decided to take my son out for a drive around some back roads. We stopped and filled up on gas then went to leave and I noticed it was more difficult to feather the clutch for a smooth start. It was also noisy in engaging first gear. I'm listening and wondering what the issue is while slowly driving down a side street. Sounded like a large gush of air intake but I was hardly giving any throttle. I stop at a school parking lot thinking maybe a hose popped free. I don't find anything out of place and button everything back together. Pull back out onto the street and slowly putting down the street in 2nd gear. Still feels like its lurching a bit. Out of nowhere the rear wheels lock up - no brake application at all. Put it back in first and get it back into the school parking lot (wheels are rolling). Again check everything out without any findings. I anticipated finding a linkage that had come free or interfered with something, but everything was in place as it should be.

Pull back out on to the street and initially it seems ok again. I noticed when the engine is lugging slightly it seems more problematic (45mph in 5th gear). Again first gear seems to be the worst. It's also now making a high pitched squeal when moving in first gear.

The engine is running smoothly at idle and revs freely without anything being symptomatic.

Potentials:
-Clutch needs to be bled, maybe it's not fully disengaging which is causing the issues starting from a stop.
-Timing pulley is locked up or bearing is shot? The noise would seem to go along with a pulley issue and would explain how the noise coincides with gas input.
-Transmission issues?

I'm at a loss here, nothing specific to point at looking further into.