BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many posts are required in order to post in the classifieds?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    I have opened all of the classified sections.

If you are a "known" personality to the mods you MAY get away with creating a thread before you get to 25 posts. The mods have been instructed to delete threads of those who do not have 25 posts, and who are unknown to us.

This is an effort to be as flexible as we can while the site is still "spinning up". Please bear with us, and don't get too upset if you post your 1st here is a post to the classifieds and it goes away.

I posted. Thanks!
    Aaron

Holley 650 DP / Performer RPM Intake / Twisted Wedge Heads / 347 ci / TKO500 / 3.73 rear gears

Post Thanks / Like

If you are a "known" personality to the mods you MAY get away with creating a thread before you get to 25 posts. The mods have been instructed to delete threads of those who do not have 25 posts, and who are unknown to us.

This is an effort to be as flexible as we can while the site is still "spinning up". Please bear with us, and don't get too upset if you post your 1st here is a post to the classifieds and it goes away.

Am I a "known" person?

Post Thanks / Like

Toys

Hi Jim: How is your car running? Have you made any changes to it yet? I added a bumper set to mine about two months ago, and a really good looking shifter handle, billit, and ball. I am about ready to take my dash out to make some changes as well. Post a few pic's if you can so we down here can see what your ride looks like. Here are some pic's from my other toys. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a good compromise. That may also stop the "padding". Thanks for your contributions to this site (and the other).
    Doug Rosier
    FFR #4737. IRS, Dual Roll Bars, 427w, TKO, Wilwood Brakes, Mass-Flo Fuel Injection, Bullit Wheels, a Bimini Top and Plenty of Fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rich grsc View Post
    Am I a "known" person?
    Uh.... maybe. Depends on the juresdiction....

PS thanks Doug, I'm trying...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish we could transfer our post count from FFCars.
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin
    July 2009 FFCars Picture of the Month
    FFR3542K, 347 C.I., EFI, T-5, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Can we post if we have an FFR number? Heck, I only had about 700 posts on the old forum over 5-6 years. Guess If I have something to sell i'll just post it 24 more times. :-)
    Tom
    FFR 5402

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom,
    What are you selling? Maybe I can use it. Heck, I have most of what you didn't want last year.
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin
    July 2009 FFCars Picture of the Month
    FFR3542K, 347 C.I., EFI, T-5, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been doing spring cleaning and wanted to post in the classified, but seem like a long time to wait for posting, can not people be put on a trial basis?

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, come on over and look around!

I just feel that if you indeed have an FFR you should be able to post. Most of the people that post and have 1 or very few post don't even have an FFR. They are just using the 'other' forum since they know they have a great group to sell to. People that want Ford motor parts or wheels and they have money.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by davidct View Post
    Pad the post count?
    hey Dave, hows the build going, your ole F5R pal

Leo
    Mk 3.1 #6945

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rich grsc View Post
    Am I a "known" person?
    never heard of ya , but i do want to know the significance of you avitar, thats the mascot of my old high school
    Mk 3.1 #6945

Post Thanks / Like
    Why is building a FF5 car not enough to be able to use the classified section?

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony S View Post
    Why is building a FF5 car not enough to be able to use the classified section?

Anthony
    Anthony, I think, based on my experience, that this isn't the issue. It's really trying to ward off the huge pain in moderating the classifieds section without some sort of "barrier of entry." I've seen it on other forums, and it really makes the section unusable. Plus, there's a community aspect to the whole thing. I want to be able to trust to whom I'm selling and from whom I'm buying. I've sent out parts before payment is seen if I can trust the person on the other side, but someone that had 2-3 posts (no offense personally to your current 3), my trust level is lower.

It's a slippery slope, I think, but worthwhile in the grand scheme of things.
    KD - Formerly beartoothweb
    FFR#6407
    Home 4/18/09 - Roller 12/7/09 - First Start 1/23/11 - First Official Go Kart - 4/10/11
    Build Site
    What I do to pay for it all - Web Design, Graphics, and Programming

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Davis View Post
    Anthony, I think, based on my experience, that this isn't the issue. It's really trying to ward off the huge pain in moderating the classifieds section without some sort of "barrier of entry." I've seen it on other forums, and it really makes the section unusable. Plus, there's a community aspect to the whole thing. I want to be able to trust to whom I'm selling and from whom I'm buying. I've sent out parts before payment is seen if I can trust the person on the other side, but someone that had 2-3 posts (no offense personally to your current 3), my trust level is lower.

It's a slippery slope, I think, but worthwhile in the grand scheme of things.
    Kevin:I just think spending thousands on a building a FF5 car is more of indicator than a number of posts. FF5 knows who I am this is a FF5 site. Might there be a better way to keep the riffraff out? [no offense but I don't trust anyone]

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony S View Post
    Kevin:I just think spending thousands on a building a FF5 car is more of indicator than a number of posts. FF5 knows who I am this is a FF5 site. Might there be a better way to keep the riffraff out? [no offense but I don't trust anyone]

Anthony
    I hear ya. It's just a moderation issue. There might be a way for the mods to "approve" a member after registration, I'm not sure. Automating it definitely makes it easier for those volunteering to help with the task.

That being said, it won't take very long to get the post counts up for most people contributing to discussions.
    KD - Formerly beartoothweb
    FFR#6407
    Home 4/18/09 - Roller 12/7/09 - First Start 1/23/11 - First Official Go Kart - 4/10/11
    Build Site
    What I do to pay for it all - Web Design, Graphics, and Programming

Post Thanks / Like
    One more for me. Just like many others I am from the other side (ffcars.com).
    Inn Keeper, Maria's Love Point Bed & Breakfast, Stevensville, MD 21666

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I'd like to list my MK3 for sale, but from looking at this thread, apparently I haven't posted enough. Here's a post. : )

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's another post.

Post Thanks / Like
    One more post.

Post Thanks / Like
    One more post. Hopefully, I'm not annoying anyone with these posts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Post.

Post Thanks / Like
    and another.

Post Thanks / Like
    one more.

Post Thanks / Like
    I better stop now - in case this is getting annoying to anyone. Sorry, if so.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suggest that whatever the number of posts are, someone can always pad the number of posts to be able to list items for sale, but from a buyers perspective it would be nice to be able to report our experience with sellers both good and bad. Those who put in the effort to do a better job and deliver what they promise should be able to bank on that. Those that do not deliver and refuse to make good on a transaction should not be allowed to continue to use the board.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. The fact that I've posted so few times is a testament to how great this community is - I've never really had to ask questions. I've always been able to search through the posts to find the answers that I needed.(my Mk3 was 90% complete when purchased) Also, I don't really have the experience to answer others' questions . . . So, now I guess all I can do is pad my thread count if I want to post a classified. Let me know if anyone else has any suggestions, though.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't pad your post count with meaningless posts. That's a good way to get yourself blocked. The post counts exist for a reason. Send a message to the admin explaining your situation. If he agrees, he'll give you the necessary access. I've seen it done lots of times.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I wrote the admin about this on Sunday. Haven't heard anything back yet. Hopefully, I'll hear something back soon.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pfarley11 View Post
    Hi,

I wrote the admin about this on Sunday. Haven't heard anything back yet. Hopefully, I'll hear something back soon.

Thanks
    Try sending a private message directly to David Hodgkins.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Try sending a private message directly to David Hodgkins.
    Too late, just saw this and fixed pfarley11's access. He can post to classifieds.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Too late, just saw this and fixed pfarley11's access. He can post to classifieds.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm wanting to sell something that ppl would be interested in buying I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Please don't spam the forum with meaningless posts to up your post count. Spamming the forum is grounds for banning.

If you have a need to get into the classifieds but have a low post count, contact me via PM.

Thumper, you have a PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123